Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. Vox Media’s networks and businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, and the Vox Media Podcast Network.
As a Creative Strategist, you will help ideate, position, and package best in class programs for Vox Creative. Ideal candidates for this role will be a one-of-a-kind creative thinker who is passionate about storytelling for advertisers across our platforms. Not only do you bring innovative solutions to our advertising partners, but you have passion for supporting your reasoning with data and insights. This position will report to the Director of Creative Strategy and will be based in New York.
What you’ll do:
Collaborate with sales, account services, product, editorial, analytics, and other members of the Vox Creative team to:
- Ideate content solutions that reflect the POV of all Vox Media editorial networks
- Create compelling narratives across platforms — display, editorial, podcast, experiential
- Build and pitch proposals that solve client objectives through visual storytelling
- Dive deep into Vox Media insights to build compelling data-driven creative strategies
- Identify new ways to solve client challenges with creative solutions
- Innovate and create at the speed of our fast-paced culture
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years experience as a Creative, Strategist, or Creative Strategist at a digital publisher or agency
- Strong foundation in brand strategy and creative thinking
- Journalist-worthy writing and editing skills
- Grade-A presentation chops
- Master linguist in a 140-character world
- Flare for building visual treatments known to wow
- Deadline-oriented project management skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across teams and disciplines
- Passion for all Vox Media editorial brands
- A personal philosophy of, “Yes, we’ll figure it out.”
- Knack for finding humor in even the most stressful of situations
- Desire to seek our diverse and unique POVs that differ from your own
- Service with a smile. You always listen first.
- Willingness to “kill your darlings” when needed
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in F&B, QSR, CPG, and/or Auto
- Sports nut, self-appointed tech obsessive, and/or policy wonk
- Experience ideating, producing, and/or pitching digital video and multi-platform programs
- Ability to develop jaw dropping PPT and Google Slide skills day in and day out
- Entrepreneurial spirit. When you spot a process inefficiency you build a Slack bot to improve communication
- Heart of a creative, mind of a analyst. Your content innovations are as good as the numbers you use to support them.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Hypebeast, Hong Kong
Axios, New York, NY
Account Director, Audio
Vox Media, New York
Senior Technical Program Manager - Global Infrastructure
Twitch, Salt Lake City, UT OR San Francisco, CA
Post Production Outreach & Education Program Manager
Netflix, Los Angeles, California