Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of brands includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and evaluate Vox Media’s recruiting processes, team and training to further expand upon our existing recruiting practices, ensuring consistency and best practices are followed throughout the recruiting lifecycle.
- Manage, mentor, coach, and grow recruiting team members to align with business delivery needs.
- Partner with Finance and People Ops leadership and other business leaders as needed to create a hiring plan that supports Vox Media’s plans for growth.
- Manage the full life cycle of recruiting to ensure recruiters present best in-class candidates, conducting strong in-depth technical screenings, interviews and debriefs.
- Engage and partner with the hiring managers/department leaders to understand hiring requirements, set realistic expectations and educate on the recruiting process.
- Create and maintain weekly reporting to include open headcount, offers status, candidate tracking and talent acquisition metrics.
- Drive and participate in internal and external employment events, and other initiatives that build robust passive and active candidate pipelines; traveling when necessary.
- Evaluate vendor tools for desired outcomes and guide vendors to adjustments using data gleaned from their platforms
- Develop strong sourcing techniques to improve upon the diversity of the talent pipeline.
- Create and execute on Vox Media’s Employer Brand strategy.
- Maintain knowledge about best practice recruiting trends and tools with an eye towards integrating that which will improve desired outcomes.
What you’ll bring:
- 7-10 years demonstrated expertise in selection/assessment skills, including at least 4 years of people management as a lead or manager, preferably in a start-up, media, or tech environment
- A data driven mindset – ability to influence, drive decisions and lead discussions utilizing data
- A proven track record of high achievement and success in the talent acquisition field
- Knowledge of recruiting best practices
- Proven ability to find and close the ideal candidate
- Natural sales ability and capacity to build relationships and trust with candidates and hiring managers with ease
- Knowledge of social media talent acquisition methods and tools. Ability to teach others how to use tools such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter.
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, informal team-based environment
- Experience creating and improving upon a great candidate experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
Bonus Points For:
- Greenhouse experience
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. HR Generalist
Velodyne, Alameda, California, United States
Global Sales Sourcer
Tradeshift, San Francisco, California
Employee Communications Program Manager
Addepar, Mountain View, CA
Psychologist 2018-2019 SY
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools, Los Angeles, CA
Director, Talent Acquisition
Addepar, Mountain View, CA
Spanish Teacher - 2018-2019 School Year
Summit Public Schools, Summit K2 (El Cerrito, CA)