Director, Revenue Training and Enablement
Vox Media, New York Office
Shaping the future of journalism and entertainment
Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of brands includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
As the Director of Learning and Development, you will be charged with training our sales, marketing, and support teams not to be sellers, producers or account managers, but to be ambassadors of Vox Media. You will be expected to use your expertise and knowledge to design, implement, and maintain the first holistic training and enrichment curriculum for our sales force. From new hires to continued education to vertical expertise, it will be your responsibility to create engaging, digestible learning experiences that not only result in competency, but natural fluency. You’ll serve as the arbiter of industry news and perspectives to the revenue organization. And as our business changes, your system will be flexible to incorporate new offerings or changing priorities. Ultimately, it is through your methodology that our revenue force will be able to drive increased business results through their deep knowledge, empowerment, and dynamism.
The ideal candidate will have experience designing and delivering new hire induction programs as well as continued education specifically for sales and marketing organizations. You are passionate about teaching, enriching others with knowledge. You love collaborative environments and love to learn yourself. You recognize that there may not be a one-size-fits all approach to education, but strive to find diverse solutions. You understand that innovation and iteration are keys success.
This role will report into the Senior Director of Vox Media Marketing and be based in New York with occasional travel to our outer offices.
- Design, implement, and maintain a global learning curriculum for onboarding that includes a deeply enriching, inclusive welcome kit.
- Develop and maintain a curriculum for continued education and individualized learning including office hours, 1:1, brown bag sessions
- Simulate real-world experiences to provide thorough feedback on sales pitches and competency
- Work in collaboration across the marketing organization to translate new or updated offerings and processes into the learning system
- Create and maintain ILT and VILT materials i.e. evergreen videos with editorial leads, podcasts, presentations
- Facilitate monthly learning + development sessions
- Determine system for developing vertical competencies (ie auto, CPG)
- Stay close to the business and understand the needs of new hires as our products and platform change
- Communicate and educate around industry trends, perspectives, and news
- Liaison with the Vox Media People and Culture team and work in collaboration with that organization on larger learning and development goals
- Program internal Vox Media business conference
- Work in collaboration with other parts of the company (Vox Creative, Revenue Products, etc) to gather viewpoints and needs for education
- Work with external partners (i.e. Twitter, NBCU) and the appropriate internal partner to facilitate sales training for extended offerings
- Facilitate logistics in tandem with experiential team for all learning and development events
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Website UX Architect
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Executive
Account Executive, Restaurants
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Senior Paid Marketing Manager
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo
Product Manager - Wireless
SonicWall, Milpitas, California
Growth Marketing Manager
Zype, New York, NY