Social Design Intern - Spring
Vox Media, Washington, DC
Shaping the future of journalism and entertainment
Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of brands includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
SB Nation, your sports appreciation machine and the fastest-growing online sports media brand, is looking for an ambitious social design intern to help us create fan-friendly visual content for social platforms social platforms.
Interested students should expect a hands-on internship working directly with our social team to create visual experiences that resonate with a mobile-first, digital native audience. This is a fancy way to say we’re making high-touch memes.
Interns will be paid and should demonstrate the following:
- Desire to work in a fun, digital-first newsroom that emphasizes unique writing, distinct voice and commitment to our audience.
- A fan-centric passion for sports and genuine interest in internet culture.
- Experience creating graphics with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc). Motion graphics/animation is a plus, but not required.
- A demonstrated understanding of social media — Instagram, Facebook, Twitter - and an eagerness to explore with how people engage with content there.
- Interest in a career in online media, shown through either coursework, activity with other publications, or previous internships or jobs with a focus on social media.
- Commitment to 20 hours per week working in the SB Nation office in downtown Washington D.C. for approximately 12 weeks during Spring 2018, beginning in January 2018. Interns must provide their own transportation. Some assignments will require work outside of the office.
- Enrollment at a university, as a graduate or undergraduate student
What a social intern would do:
- Contribute to daily and planned social coverage through the creation of visual social assets
- Collaborate with our social team to create and execute new templates, formats and visual experiences for social platforms
- Learn from the best and brightest social minds in the industry!
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Submit a resume, a cover letter (140 characters or less!), include three examples of graphic, video or animated content you have created for social media, and a one-paragraph statement about why you’d like to work at SB Nation. Work samples can be included as links or attachments. Also include any social media handles you use - Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram.
The deadline for application submissions is December 1, 2017.
About working at Vox Media: You'll be joining a family of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about creating for the web, building tools to foster online community, and doing work that's challenging and fun. Vox Media is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQ people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Brand & Communications Coordinator
Executive Producer, Program Manager
Accuweather, Headquarters - State College, PA
Hotstar, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Senior Editor, HealthyWay
Multiply, St. Louis, MO
Spanish Senior Content Manager
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA (Remote friendly for US & Canada)
Senior Editor/ Editor
Hypebeast, Hong Kong