Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. Vox Media’s networks and businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, and the Vox Media Podcast Network.
The Revenue Accountant will report to Vox Media’s Manager, Revenue Accounting and will be based in Washington, DC; travel to New York, NY 1-2 times per year is required for this role.
What you’ll do:
- Collect and interpret necessary data to ensure proper billing to Vox Media customers
- Work directly with our sales team to ensure proper reporting access for open advertising campaigns
- Manage various data portals and pull together timely reporting to ensure accurate revenue recognition
- Analyze insertion orders and revenue reporting to determine proper monthly billing
- Create customer billing accounts, send invoices and prepare supporting schedules
- Work closely with our advertising operations and sales teams to resolve billing disputes
- Work with the Revenue Accounting Manager and other revenue accountants to document proper GAAP accounting interpretations of complex insertion orders and non-standard contracts
- Prepare accounting entries and reconciliations related to deferred revenue and advanced billing
- Support audit requests for areas of responsibility
- Identify areas for process improvements and update internal process documentation
- Perform special projects and analysis as needed
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor Degree (BA/BS) required with a concentration in Accounting.
- 1-3 years of work experience in accounting, preferably at a “big four” auditing firm or large corporate accounting department
- An in-progress or completed CPA certification.
- Experience with general ledger accounting and the monthly close process
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with all levels and departments within an organization
- Strong computer skills – PowerPoint, Google Apps, and Excel skills including experience with pivot tables and VLOOKUPs.
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines. This position requires the ability to manage vast amounts of detailed information; accuracy is paramount.
- A positive and open-minded attitude with the ability to adapt and be flexible in a changing environment
- Self-motivation and a desire to continually improve efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of processes
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in the digital media and/or advertising industry.
- Experience with Salesforce, Financial Force
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Employment Attorney (Advisor, Advisory Board Member) | Mental Health Incubator Startup @ Harvard i-lab
Affect Mental Health, Boston, MA
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Head Of Office Management (m/w/x)
Senior Manager - Global Strategy Group
KPMG New Zealand, Auckland
Cloudflare, Austin, TX
Senior Legal Operations Associate
Reddit, Dublin, Ireland or New York