Director, Programmatic Partnerships
Vox Media, New York
Shaping the future of journalism and entertainment
Vox Media is the leading independent modern media company. Known for building the best media brands and the technology that enables them, we are committed to building a better future for the industry — and getting the future of media right. Vox Media’s editorial networks include Vox, The Verge, SB Nation, Eater, Polygon, Recode, and Curbed. Our diverse storytelling and advertising businesses include the Concert publisher-led marketplace, the Vox Creative brand studio, the Chorus publishing platform, and the company’s entertainment division Vox Media Studios, which includes the Vox Media Podcast Network and Epic.
The Director of Programmatic Partnerships will be responsible for driving growth in programmatic revenue for Vox Media via a combination of in-market demand generation, development of new products and channels, and internal support and education.
This role requires an in-depth understanding of trends in the programmatic marketplace, and an ability to consult at a highly technical level with clients and internal partners alike to drive Vox Media’s position as an industry-leader in the space.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the programmatic space, experience as a people manager, and a detailed understanding of how marketers and agencies are allocating programmatic investment. The ideal candidate will also bring with them a value set aligned with Vox Media’s team-first, fast-paced, inclusive culture.
What you’ll do:
- Work with sales team as needed to reach and exceed quarterly programmatic revenue targets
- Represent Vox Media in-market, regularly meeting with marketers and agency leaders to increase exposure for Vox Media’s programmatic solutions
- Work with the direct sales team in a strategic supporting role to help develop and negotiate programmatic proposals
- Regularly attend industry events and conferences to hone subject matter expertise and evangelize Vox Media
- Develop and deepen senior level relationships at all major agencies, brands, trade desks, and DSPs to maximize Vox Media’s position as a programmatic innovator
- Generate and communicate actionable market insights to inform programmatic product strategy and operations
- Work with all leading DSPs to capture the “buyer’s perspective”, optimizing discoverability, visibility, and eliminating barriers to purchase on behalf of Vox Media + Concert
- Leverage market-driven insights to develop recommendations that will maximize Vox Media’s data solutions and capabilities.
- Lead strategic innovation around new programmatic channels, packages, capabilities
- Develop and lead Programmatic Strategy team, creating a best-in-class customer experience and systematic means of upselling through the programmatic waterfall
- Drive internal communication on behalf of Programmatic team across broader revenue organization and company leadership
- Play lead role in educating entire revenue organization on programmatic advertising on an ongoing basis, including internal training and regular trends and insights that impact our business
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years experience in a programmatic role and a deep understanding of technical components
- Excellent relationship-building, communication and presentation skills - working across all levels in the organization (entry-level to executive)
- Proven success exceeding goals in a high growth environment
- A self-starting, collaborative mindset
- Flexibility to maintain focus through change and drive amid ambiguity
- Strategic thinking and storytelling - stepping back from the day-to-day to see the bigger picture
- Willingness to travel as necessary
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Content Quality Associate - Temporary/Seasonal
Favor, Austin, TX
Manager, Physical Production - Korea
Netflix, Seoul, South Korea
Axios, Arlington, VA
Man Crates, San Mateo, CA USA
Management, Nucks Misconduct (Vancouver Canucks) - Contract
Vox Media, Remote
Social Media Campaign Associate with Japanese language
indaHash, Poland, Warsaw