Director, Audience Activation
Vox Media, New York
Shaping the future of journalism and entertainment
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Audience Activation Director will be a key member of the revenue organization at Vox Media. The role will primarily focus on fulfilling the company’s data strategy through systems partnerships and activation. This person will work closely with stakeholders across sales, revenue operations, data infrastructure and insights & innovation to support data initiatives across different lines of business. This person will report to VP, Revenue Operations.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with stakeholders across the revenue organization on audience strategy and roadmap.
- Maintain current partnerships and offerings including data management platform, first party, OTT and other third parties.
- Vet and develop a POV on new systems partners to improve upon existing capabilities. Maintain a strong understanding of opportunities in market.
- Expert in current targeting capabilities across platforms (desktop, mobile, TV) and products (newsletters, 1P, 3P)
- Think at macro level to understand how audience structure fits with the rest of product suite, and how our offerings satisfy marketing objectives.
- Evaluate success of new products by partnering with revenue operations peers to track pipeline, and research and insights to track performance lift.
- Measure and track data usage and cost.
What you’ll bring:
- BA/BS preferred with 5+ years experience in internal and client-facing analysis roles
- Previous experience with systems, analytics and data interpretation
- Experience in efficiently extracting data from systems, ideally advertising systems like ad servers and DMPs.
- Understanding of advertising landscape through relevant job experience
- Excellent communication and quantitative skills
- Ability to translate technical aspects of analysis and metrics into actionable insights
- Proven ability to design, manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Smart and quick proactive learner with organizational agility and strong attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to learn
- A proven track record of strong interpersonal skills and successful teamwork and collaboration
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.