Vox Media is the leading independent modern media company. Known for building the best media brands and the technology that enables them, we are committed to building a better future for the industry — and getting the future of media right. Vox Media’s editorial networks include Vox, The Verge, SB Nation, Eater, Polygon, Recode, and Curbed. Our diverse storytelling and advertising businesses include the Concert publisher-led marketplace, the Vox Creative brand studio, the Chorus publishing platform, and the company’s entertainment division Vox Media Studios, which includes the Vox Media Podcast Network and Epic.
Epic, a business of Vox Media focused on true stories in journalism, film, tv, podcasts, and branded content, is looking to hire a part-time office manager for its San Francisco office. Although we expect the office manager to be in the office Monday through Friday for at least 4 hours/day, we can be flexible with scheduling if you need to start or end at a certain time (i.e. to pick up kids after school!). This role is temporary through the end of the year, with the potential to renew in 2020.
What you’ll do:
- General Office Management. Keeping the office clean and functional. Cleaning and stocking the kitchen. Placing office supply orders. Taking care of repairs and improvements. Maintaining the furniture. Coordinating the cleaning staff, handymen, deliveries, and other contractors.
- Daily Office Management. Getting office opened in the morning, and/or closed up at the end of the day. Emptying trash and recycling bins. Watering plants. Welcoming guests and offering refreshments. Putting clean dishes away.
- Travel logistics. Booking flights and accommodations for group trips, covering all bases for trips (think travel itineraries for travelers, insurance, transportation, emergency plans, food and dietary restrictions, etc).
- Administrative support. Collecting receipts and filing expense reports. Preparing documents for signatures.
- Special events. Hiring caterers & bartenders. Purchasing and setting up décor. Running errands & purchasing supplies. Cleaning up.
- Coordinating Company-Wide Meetings. Confirming/rescheduling meetings. Reminding meeting lead to set agenda. Checking that tech is set-up and working for tele- and video-conferencing. Fixing glitches quickly and efficiently.
- Perhaps other things! This job is, first and foremost, support. That will be the bulk of the day. But if you have an idea, or ability, or great instinct that helps with anything else we do, or should be doing, then great! We want to hear about it.
What you’ll bring:
- Meticulous and accurate in the face of the swirling circus. Comfortable working closely with direct supervisors, with an extremely strong attention to detail.
- An excellent communicator with a strong ability to understand and follow through on assignments – great at communicating with remote teams based in LA, NYC, or DC.
- Someone who examines the full scope of a project beyond the assignment to make sure all related questions or issues are also handled, even if this wasn’t explicitly requested.
- Familiar with Excel and Word and organizational tools like Slack or Asana (or quick at picking up new tech platforms!). Very familiar with Apple and Google suites.
- Someone who is unafraid of dealing with paperwork, phone trees, sorting out weird banking or insurance or wifi problems, and bureaucracy in general. Someone who foresees possible glitches before they happen, and works to ensure they don’t.
This job is part-time, temporary contract. You must have a driver’s license.
About working at Vox Media: Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
CRM Campaign Manager
Talent Brand Manager
Samsara, San Francisco
Expression of Interest - People (Sydney)
Associate Value Engineer
Yext, New York, NY
Growth Marketing Manager (B2B)
Manager, Production Finance - Animation
Netflix, Los Angeles, California