Vox Media is the leading independent modern media company. Known for building the best media brands and the technology that enables them, we are committed to building a better future for the industry — and getting the future of media right. Vox Media’s editorial networks include Vox, The Verge, SB Nation, Eater, Polygon, Recode, and Curbed. Our diverse storytelling and advertising businesses include the Concert publisher-led marketplace, the Vox Creative brand studio, the Chorus publishing platform, and the company’s entertainment division Vox Media Studios, which includes the Vox Media Podcast Network and Epic.
Vox Media Studios is looking for a Production Accountant (PA) to join our team! We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate genuine excitement for the industry and is looking to learn and grow in the position. We greatly value our relationships with other departments and the ideal candidate will demonstrate a collaborative and supportive mindset. The Production Accountant reports to our Director of Production Finance and Accounting and is based in New York.
What you’ll do:
- Take charge of assigned productions, demonstrating ownership of all daily, weekly, monthly aspects of production accounting, including payroll, vendor payments, credit card reconciliation, petty cash reconciliation, and fielding accounting related requests from production teams
- Ensure that Production Accounting record keeping is accurate and well documented for multiple productions at a time
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed and enforce compliance measures
- Execute month end procedures for assigned productions
- Develop relationships with production and corporate accounting teams to provide premier support
- Assist with miscellaneous Cost Reporting and inter-company procedures
- Contribute to constant process improvement in all aspects of production accounting
What you’ll bring:
- At least 2 years of production accounting experience
- Advanced level MS Excel skills, proficient in PSL or equivalent production accounting software
- Excellent typing, communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, pro-active possessing high adaptability
- Able to prioritize the work and make decisions independently
- Highly personable, team player, with curiosity and drive; collaboration is key
- Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced and fluid environment
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.