Account Director (Auto), East
Vox Media, NYC Office
Shaping the future of journalism and entertainment
Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of brands includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
As an Account Director at Vox Media, you will use your expertise and knowledge to work with our most trusted Auto partners to unlock the full potential of their brands through a unique blend of premium content offerings, high-value audiences, and cutting-edge technology. Your primary responsibility is to drive and grow revenue with new and existing partners by providing solutions that build our clients' businesses and brands.
This is a high-energy job requiring persistent and persuasive interactions with clients, deep digital, social and mobile expertise, proven sales skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with internal teams to close deals. You will need to think strategically and creatively, about your clients' business and will take a consultative approach, uncovering your clients' needs, and bringing them appropriate opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage trusted relationships with partners and develop a thorough understanding of their business challenges.
- Develop new relationships at all levels with agency and client partners.
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of Vox Media’s advertising products and solutions.
- Serve as a trusted consultant with partners by consistently bringing them creative, solutions-oriented ideas and products to meet their business challenges.
- Oversee the proposal and media plan process, ensuring highly relevant and creative solutions for partners.
- Work closely with territory senior management to manage internal revenue expectations and forecasting.
- Manage multiple cross-platform opportunities and projects.
- 5+ years experience in digital advertising sales with a proven record of exceeding revenue goals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Willing to travel.
- In-depth knowledge of digital media, online marketing technology, and its competitive landscape.
- Well established relationships within the Auto category.
- Knowledge of traditional as well as contemporary/online marketing tactics and strategy.
- A deep understanding of the industry's key issues.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Our investors include NBCUniversal, Accel Partners, Allen & Company, and Khosla Ventures.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Strategic Partnerships, Enterprise Sales
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Indigo, Houston, TX
Account Executive, Enterprise (Danish)
Slack, Dublin, Ireland
Strategic Account Executive, FSI
Regional Sales Manager, Named Accounts - North Carolina
LogRhythm, Charlotte, NC
Enterprise Account Executive
Culture Amp, London, United Kingdom