Director, Client Success
Vox Media, New York Office
Shaping the future of journalism and entertainment
Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of brands includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
The Director of Client Success will lead and scale Client Success, the team primarily responsible for all things pre and post sales across Vox Media's Revenue organization. This person should enjoy managing a large team, working collaboratively with other Revenue leaders and be incredibly analytical and strategic in their approach to the sales process.
Primary Roles & Responsibility
As Director, Client Success, you will lead a regional team responsible for ensuring superior customer service and client satisfaction through both the development and fulfillment of strategically relevant media programs. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a Client Success, Media Planning and/or Sales Marketing team, be extremely detail and process oriented and be highly skilled at working collaboratively across departments to develop, document and refine strategic inter-departmental processes and relationships. Candidates should have experience in, and a passion for, customer service, digital media and advertising and enjoy managing and mentoring a team. The Director, Client Success will work collaboratively with regional counterparts and inter-departmental team leaders to develop regional team structure and processes to position the company for growth. The position will report to the Executive Director, Client Success and may require travel up to 10%.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage, lead and mentor a growing team of Account Managers and Account Coordinators
- Establish and manage against team and individual performance goals and related success metrics to ensure superior performance and customer service
- Develop, maintain and distribute metric-based, weekly, monthly and annual management reports to inform the organization and to maintain a continuous pulse on team and individual workload and performance
- Proactively coach and develop talent based on individual strengths, weaknesses and passions
- Identify and recommend regional staffing needs
- Source, hire and develop talent as needed
- Ensure all aspects of the pre and post-sale process maintain the highest level of quality from proposals and pitches to campaign fulfillment and optimization
- Actively attend kick-off calls and in-person meetings for priority clients/campaigns, providing leadership, insight and an escalation path as needed.
- Serve as a senior representative in the timely investigation, troubleshooting and reconciliation of client/campaign complaints and errors
Champion Strategic Initiatives
- Maintain an intricate understanding of, and serve as a regional expert for, all Vox Media products and Client Success team processes.
- Serve as a regional champion, implementer and role model of business processes and strategic initiatives
- Identify and implement regional operational efficiencies and share best practices among colleagues
- Work with Executive Director, regional counterparts and other Vox Advertising leaders to develop, refine and document team structure, process, organization, and growth strategy for the Client Success team
- Represent Client Success team while facilitating information flow and collaboration among teams.
- 5+ years digital media/digital advertising experience
- 2+ years proven experience directly managing a team
- Experience on both the pre and post sales side of digital advertising
- Ability to liaise with senior leadership as well as external clients
- Exemplary communication skills
- Unparalleled organizational and project management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of Operative, Salesforce, comScore, MOAT, DFP, MS Office
Bonus points for:
- Six Sigma/Business Process Management training or certification
- In-depth experience with, and knowledge of, Operative capabilities
- Experience developing and scaling process for native advertising products
- Proven success optimizing performance of complex branded content and other advertising programs
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Travel Intrapreneur (China)
Ventura TRAVEL, Berlin or a Location in China
Production Planning & Simulation Industrial Engineer
Senior Project Manager
Knotel, Knotel NYC
Senior Software Engineer - Application Framework
Twitch, Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA
Global Operations Manager
Flexport, New York, NY