Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of brands includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
SB Nation is the fastest-growing online sports media brand and the largest network of more than 300 individual fan-centric sports communities, including SBNation.com, our national flagship property. Our network is powered by the most respected web-native sports journalists, editors, bloggers, and video producers who strive to create smart content that helps our audience appreciate sports even more.
As project manager, you will help us communicate effectively and execute on this work in the most productive and efficient ways. Ideal candidates will be passionate about media, our brands, and have experience managing complex communications strategies. This position will report to the the Director of Team Brands and will be based in New York. This is a full time position.
What you’ll do:
- Work daily with the Director of Team Brands to assign and track work.
- Develop thoughtful strategies for communication with our Team Brand contributors in collaboration with SB Nation leadership.
- Be responsible for tracking and managing a complex matrix of communications, both internally and externally-facing.
- This person will often compose messaging and be a point person making sure we’re listening for feedback.
- Keep teams on the path to success by understanding and tracking deadlines and gathering clear requirements for each project.
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, and resource plans. Determine critical project interdependencies.
- Review and analyze statements of work, in coordination with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring project objectives, acceptance criteria and deliverables are clearly defined.
- Empower teams to do their best work by removing daily blockers and helping them get answers to any questions.
- Help the team work productively by making sure workload is balanced for all team members, and everyone knows what they’re supposed to work on next.
- Ensure all projects are shipped on time, within scope, and within budget.
What you’ll bring:
- You have experience in project management, preferably in media or marketing.
- You have experience in the communications, support or community-building field.
- You have managed projects that involve many stakeholders from many different groups, and are public-facing to large audiences.
- You are organized and detail-oriented. You don’t let anything fall through the cracks.
- You’re able to manage multiple tracks of work at once, balancing both short-term and long-term projects simultaneously.
- You have opinions about the best way to organize work effectively.
- You’re a listener. You can empathize with a team and with stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Audio Programmer - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Food Prep Team Member
Sun Basket, Valmeyer, Illinois
Hypebeast, Hong Kong
Coordinator, Worldwide Post Production
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Magic Leap, Inc., Culver City, CA
Designer: Snapchat Discover
Refinery29, New York