As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox Media is seeking an extraordinarily talented & technically savvy Editor to join the video team that creates content for Eater.com.
Directly reporting to the Coordinating Producer, the ideal candidate is a highly proficient, technical & organized editor, able to take edits from media management through to audio/color mixing and delivery. Editors with digital media experience and knowledge of audience development/strategy, a major plus. Editors at Eater work across many projects and departments; our ideal candidate can balance multiple edits, deadlines and enjoys working on a team of producers and creatives. Passion for food, restaurants, culture, and the people and places in the industry that make it all happen is a plus.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee Media Management and Post-Production workflows with Coordinating Producer
- Edit 4-5 segments per month: Story, rough, fine cuts, finishing (GFX, animations, mixing audio/color)
- Balance the work of a variety of projects & deadlines while working with different producers and team members
- Read and watch the sites every day and familiarizing themselves with all that Eater does
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of video post-production & editing experience in a professional TV or digital environment
- Ability to juggle multiple edits & projects in a fast-paced setting
- Expert in Adobe Premiere with After Effects, Pro Tools, Photoshop and Illustrator experience
- Incredible organization and media management skills
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Story-producing and development, a plus
- Digital Strategy and Audience Development experience, a major plus
- A true team player who brings passion to the table and is innately interested in Eater
*This role is a part of the Vox Media Union, represented by the Writers Guild of America, East.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Bulk Handling Systems
Assembly Technician - Electrical and Mechanical
Bulk Handling Systems, National Recovery Technologies