Community Editor, California Fan Communities
Vox Media, SF, LA, Remote
Shaping the future of journalism and entertainment
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Community Editor will oversee a subset of SB Nation fan communities in California, implementing best practices for engagement and moderation. Under the direction of a Community Manager, the Community Editor will be responsible for welcoming new readers into each community, implementing best practices for developing community-specific content, and creating and maintaining welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and engaged communities. The Community Editor will report into the Community Manager. This position has multiple openings.
What you’ll do:
- Implement community and engagement strategy within designated fan communities
- Write and publish engaging community content as established by the Community Manager’s programming plan
- Consult with other editorial platform stakeholders (podcasts, video, commerce etc.) as well as marketing, legal, and other internal teams as needed to implement California content strategy
- Collaborate with individual producers and Editorial Manager to ensure content produced is high-quality and socially optimized
- Review, edit, package, and promote user-generated content
- Interact with community users in clear, positive, and engaging ways
- Promote, attend, and support live events
- Communicate and enforce SB Nation’s guidelines for fan communities
- Identify and escalate difficult moderation decisions and controversial posts
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
*This role is a part of the Vox Media Union, represented by the Writers Guild of America, East.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.