As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox Media Studios is looking for a Production Accountant (PA) to join our team! We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate genuine excitement for the industry and is looking to learn and grow in the position. We greatly value our relationships with other departments and the ideal candidate will demonstrate a collaborative and supportive mindset. The Production Accountant will report to our Director of Production Finance and Accounting and is based in New York.
What you’ll do:
- Take charge of assigned productions, demonstrating ownership of all daily, weekly, monthly aspects of production accounting, including payroll, vendor payments, credit card reconciliation, petty cash reconciliation, and fielding accounting related requests from production teams
- Ensure that Production Accounting record keeping is accurate and well documented for multiple productions at a time
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed and enforce compliance measures
- Execute month end procedures for assigned productions
- Develop relationships with production and corporate accounting teams to provide premier support
- Assist with miscellaneous Cost Reporting and inter-company procedures
- Contribute to constant process improvement in all aspects of production accounting
What you’ll bring:
- At least 2 years of production accounting experience
- Advanced level MS Excel skills, proficient in PSL or equivalent production accounting software
- Excellent typing, communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, pro-active possessing high adaptability
- Able to prioritize the work and make decisions independently
- Highly personable, team player, with curiosity and drive; collaboration is key
- Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced and fluid environment
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Help the world share their story