As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Solutions Planner will be an integral part of the Revenue Operations group, responsible for analysis, partnering closely with Sales and Account Management to create all media plans. This role will work closely with rev ops counterparts, sales, client success and product marketing, and across the Vox Creative, Experiential, Podcast, Concert and Display/Programmatic businesses.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for being an expert in Vox Media diverse lines of business and media product stack to match solutions with advertising objectives.
- Create media plans in internal OMS and client facing templates based on rate and inventory guidelines, client KPIs and packaging strategies.
- Partner with sales and Account Management leads on analytics around aligned business including volume, trends, etc.
- Accountable for understanding Vox Media yield management to make informed rate exceptions and reserve inventory.
- Lead mid campaign optimizations where required to mitigate revenue at risk and low performance.
- Own internal communication (Sales, Vox Creative, Account Management, Campaign Management) through the plan creation process - keep internal account aware on lead times, distribution components etc as plan takes shape.
- Join brainstorm meetings to provide proposal ideas and package solutions based on KPIs
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of media planning experience in related field or company
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with strong self-directed learning abilities
- Excellent analytical skills and detail orientation
- Proficiency in MS Office; bonus points if experienced with digital tools such as Operative One, Google Ad Manager, Prisma
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Minimalist makeup and skincare