As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
We’re taking what it means to be a designer in media to new heights by building a best-in-class cross-disciplinary design team at Vox Media, from our Product Design team that builds the best platform for digital publishing in the industry, to our Brand Design Team that works across a suite of powerhouse editorial networks, to our Revenue Design Team that designs beautiful ad products and partners with our sponsors. Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. At Vox Media, you can be part of a remote friendly culture with people in New York, DC, San Francisco, Austin, New Orleans, and quite a few cities in between. Our jobs are well compensated and come with excellent and progressive benefits—including flexible hours, generous paid parental leave, and trans-inclusive healthcare.
Focused on New York Magazine’s growing world class subscription products and brand initiatives, the production artist will work in support of designers to prepare, package and version brand, marketing, digital and social assets for final delivery, ensuring all outgoing deliverables meet the required specs. The ideal candidate has a foundational design background, a mastery of the Adobe suite and possesses a strong eye for layout, typography, color and composition, as well as an attention to the many small details which are required on final artwork. This candidate enjoys working in support of teams and has the ability to work in a fast paced, high performance environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and accountability
This role will be responsible for supporting the Brand Design team and Director of Brand Strategy in generating innovative ideas and designs, managing workflow efficiency of deliverables and taking responsibility for deadline-driven timelines. The production artist will report directly to a Senior Design Director in Brand Design and work closely with the Director of Brand Strategy in consumer revenue and other members of the brand design team.
What you’ll do:
- Design and execute digital (social, web, newsletter, etc) and print assets based on approved creative concepts
- Support Brand Design team and Director of Brand Strategy in generating consumer-facing campaign ideas
- Create and animate graphics to support campaigns and specifications of each platform as needed
- Create new social, email and web templates for New York Magazine and its individual verticals, including Intelligencer, Cut, Vulture, Curbed and Grub Street
- Develop and build templates for brand assets, screen graphics and splash web pages that support live and virtual events
- Generate iterations of approved concepts to meet consumer revenue testing needs
- Work on deliverables across the entire subscriber experience, including acquisition, engagement, retention and win back
- Communicate project status to team members on a regular basis
- Prepare and deliver, error-free files to digital and print vendors and QC files for accuracy
What you’ll bring:
- Production Designer experience is required. 2+ years in a design, brand or advertising related environment
- Enthusiasm and passion of the design legacy and high-quality journalism of New York Magazine and its digital properties as well as the history of the larger portfolio of brands at VoxMedia
- Translate concepts with a strong foundation of core design and typography principles and the ability to transfer brand identities from one platform to another with a clear understanding of various outputs
- A stamina for meticulous design detailing and extensive iteration
- Solid production portfolio featuring a wide range of design work across channels
- An understanding of industry trends, best practices, and emerging user behaviors
- Knowledge of illustration, photography, art, image making
- Strong command of Adobe Creative Suite and Figma; working knowledge of HTML and CMS, and basic motion design skills a plus
- Showcase strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while being flexible to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work autonomously and oversee your design from beginning to end, but also equally comfortable in a collaborative environment, and willing to work with other team members when necessary
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.