As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Manager, Sales Planning will be an integral part of the Revenue Operations group, responsible for analysis, partnering closely with Sales and Account Management to create all media plans. This role will work closely with rev ops counterparts, sales, client success and product marketing, and across the Vox Creative, Experiential, Podcast, Concert and Display/Programmatic businesses.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee a team of Solutions Planners and all media plan creation and pre-sale support.
- Responsible for being an expert in Vox Media diverse lines of business and media product stack to support the development of media solutions and overall plan direction based on advertising objectives.
- Oversee plan creation, revenue pipeline and mid-campaign optimizations in internal OMS.
- Partner with Insights, Podcasts, Audience, Programmatic, Network Development and Partnerships & Strategy teams to evolve existing processes and support with pricing, inventory and strategic packaging.
- Partner with Sales and Client Success leads on analytics around aligned business including volume, trends, etc.
- Accountable for understanding Vox Media yield management to make informed rate and inventory exceptions.
- Provide strategic decision making to mitigate revenue at risk and low performance.
- Mentor and support Solutions Planners towards their career development goals.
- Continue to evolve workflow processes to improve the RFP process.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of management media planning experience in related field or company
- 4+ years of media planning experience in related field or company
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with strong self-directed learning abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills across various media
- Ability to manage several projects at once and prioritize accordingly
- Superior organizational and detail orientation skills, both mentally and in tangible outputs
- Ability to see the long-term picture but deliver short-term success
- Flexibility to pivot your workday as needed while maintaining a level head and a positive attitude
- Proficiency in Excel; bonus points if experienced with digital tools such as Operative One, Google Ad Manager, Prisma
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Vox Media is dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees. All employees in our offices are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have an approved religious or medical exemption. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, including submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and wearing a face covering in our offices.
Please note that our Recruiting Team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, and we will never contact you via text message.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
The best bed for better sleep