Senior Product Manager
Vox Media, Remote (US Only)
Shaping the future of journalism and entertainment
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
About the Role
Vox Media is continuing to invest in our editorial experience so that we can create content, products, and services for a better reader experience. As a senior product manager, you will be responsible for leading editorial- and audience-facing projects. You will gather and synthesize user research with often disparate input from editorial and executive stakeholders into clear, coherent product goals, and you will work with your colleagues in engineering, design, and research to turn those goals into executable plans. You will regularly and plainly communicate the team’s progress, working closely with our editorial teams. This role will require you to be familiar with the evolving ways that audiences find, read, watch, and share quality journalism and entertainment, and the processes and tools that editorial teams use to create compelling stories.
What You’ll Do
- Lead an Editorial-focused product team with the goal of growing our unique audience and converting them to loyal users
- In collaboration with product, design, and engineering colleagues, create impactful and premium product and brand experiences for our audiences across our editorial networks
- Incorporate both data and user research to understand user needs, and build news or editorial products that people use and love
- Work with editorial and business counterparts to identify both immediate roadmap priorities, and opportunities to improve systems long-term
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders and executives on project status, needs, and milestones
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum of five years of hands-on product experience, with the ability to both develop product strategies and lead execution day-to-day
- Strong organizational skills, including building timelines and roadmaps, setting priorities, and communicating clearly with stakeholders
- Experience and fluency working on a CMS in a large news organization
- A proven ability to turn complex problems into clear and compelling solutions
- Enjoyment of working across both functional and business lines, and collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders with a variety of specialities
- Good listener, clear communicator, passionate advocate for your products, and comfortable managing differences of opinion
- Passion, interest and affinity for (and ideally background in) news media, editorial, journalism, and/or digital news design
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Vox Media is dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees. All employees in our offices are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have an approved religious or medical exemption. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, including submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and wearing a face covering in our offices.
Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, and we will never contact you via text message.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.