As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox Media is looking for a Compensation Analyst to join the growing People & Culture Team, reporting to the Sr. Manager, Total Rewards. This is a newly created position that will have responsibility for working on the compensation processes and procedures at Vox Media.
What you’ll do:
- In conjunction with the Sr. Manager, Total Rewards, serve as Vox Media’s compensation subject matter expert and steward of Vox Media’s compensation and total rewards philosophy
- Advise People & Culture Business Partners, company leaders, and other internal stakeholders on compensation best practices and provide approval on compensation requests; work with Legal team to determine job exemption status
- Benchmark roles and ensure alignment with Vox Media’s compensation philosophy
- Assist Sr. Manager, Total Rewards with management of compensation cycles, including annual salary review process and promotions; work with division leaders to allocate budget and provide guidance/recommendations
- Partner with Finance and the Revenue organization to manage and administer variable compensation for eligible roles
- Partner with Finance on development and administration of bonus programs
- Periodically refresh Vox Media’s job structure to ensure it is up to date and in line with market trends
- Submit annual salary surveys that Vox Media participates in
- Provide ongoing education on compensation matters to employees at all levels, including trainings and sessions
- Work on Company systems (UKG and ChartHop) and data related to compensation, including pay equity data
- Assist with compensation and total rewards related projects as assigned
What you’ll bring:
- Understanding of compensation principles, including: job structures, salary ranges, annual salary review processes, promotions, and benchmarking
- Ability to form relationships with individuals at all levels and become a consultative partner to Executives and People & Culture Business Partners
- A creative thinker/problem solver who can take context into consideration and be creative working through solutions
- A strong desire to work at Vox Media
- A commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Experience with Google Sheets and/or Excel
- Exceptional Communication skills
- An appreciation for and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment; ability to be flexible amidst changing priorities
- A high level of integrity, discretion, and judgment, and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Bonus points for:
- Experience with sales compensation plans
- Experience with variable compensation/bonus plans
- Experience with Unions
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Vox Media is dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees. All employees in our offices are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have an approved religious or medical exemption. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, including submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and wearing a face covering in our offices.
Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, and we will never contact you via text message.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is a prestigious modern media company that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global, passionate, curious audiences. Through our authoritative house of brands, commitment to developing standout technology, and high-fidelity advertising, we are shaping the future of journalism and entertainment.
Want to learn more about Vox Media? Visit Vox Media's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.