- Communicates daily with Technician Production Manager on staffing needs.
- Acts as the subject matter expert in all Vroom Training initiatives.
- Actively works with and develops Apprentice Technicians.
- Subject matter expert to apply labor when needed.
- Assigns work flow for technicians based on technician strengths.
- Motivates technicians through communication and shoulder to shoulder labor added.
- Controls the flow of vehicles through the reconditioning process by proper distribution of “Sold”, “Pending” or “For Sale” units to technicians
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with parts through open dialogue and feedback.
- Meets daily and weekly production targets.
- Identify mechanical problems, often by using computerized diagnostic equipment.
- Test parts and systems to ensure that they are working properly.
- Follow checklists to ensure that all critical parts are examined.
- Perform basic care and maintenance, including changing oil, giving tuneups, checking fluid levels, and rotating tires.
- Repair or replace worn parts, such as brake pads and wheel bearings.
- Disassemble and reassemble parts.
- Use testing equipment to ensure that repairs and maintenance are effective.
- Explain to clients their automotive problems and the repairs done on their vehicles.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Technical or trade school degree preferred
- ASE Certification or certification(s) in different specialized areas preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience as an Automotive Service Technician/Mechanic
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have own standard tools to perform the job
- Availability to work Monday - Friday 2:30pm - 11:30pm
Vroom’s mission is simple: we want to make buying a car as easy as ordering a pizza. By offering no-haggle pricing, an easy purchase process, and nationwide delivery, we’re well on our way. Quality, communication, and exceeding our customers’ wildest expectations mean the world to us. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there’s no better time to join the team than right now.
Want to learn more about Vroom? Visit Vroom's website.
Jobs You May Like
Releases Project Associate, Creative Services
Elastic, Distributed AMER
BuzzFeed, United States
Newsday Media Group, Melville, NY
Post Production Outreach & Education Program Manager
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Assistant Directeur Technique (Technical Director Assistant)
Moment Factory, Montréal
Social Media Intern (Summer)
Girlboss, Los Angeles