Financial Reporting Analyst
Vroom, New York, NY
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.
- Coordinate with accounting team on month, quarter and year-end close processes to ensure accurate and timely delivery of Financial reports
- Work closely with counterparts in accounting on a monthly basis to review accruals and capture expenses accurately and promptly
- Work with a departmental operating team to own and facilitate departmental budget/forecasts and variance analysis
- Analyze/manage issuance of foundation-wide monthly budget statements
- Preparation of Board financial materials & exhibits for committees
- Identify variances between actual and budgeted financial results at the end of reporting periods
- Initiate continual process improvement efforts that enhance timeliness and accuracy of financial results and reporting processes
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships and cross-functional relationships to provide decision support.
- Provide recommendations and actionable insights based on past and expected future performance
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed, including evaluation of key business initiatives
- Help drive the annual budgeting process; prepare monthly and quarterly board and executive reporting
- Maintain an understanding of both the fine details, and abstract implications, of the above types of work
- 2 + years of financial/ accounting experience.
- Previous experience with month-end close a plus a strong understanding of financial and accounting principles
- Superior analytical, critical thinking and quantitative skills
- Ability to forge strong relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
- Flexibility (open to change) and ability to learn on the fly
- Drive for results & high sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize
- Rigorous attention to detailExcellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidates must possess substantial experience with financial modeling and proficiency in Excel
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a business discipline like accounting or finance.
- Familiarity with Looker or Tableau plus an ability to take on, and succeed with, a diverse array of projects that require varying skills
- A strong desire to work in a startup environment generally, and at Vroom specifically
- An appetite to take on increased responsibility and grow your career quickly
- An ability to create order out of chaos, distill learnings, and communicate findings elegantly to team members
Vroom’s mission is simple: we want to make buying a car as easy as ordering a pizza. By offering no-haggle pricing, an easy purchase process, and nationwide delivery, we’re well on our way. Quality, communication, and exceeding our customers’ wildest expectations mean the world to us. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there’s no better time to join the team than right now.
Want to learn more about Vroom? Visit Vroom's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos