Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Vroom is looking for a Strategic Financial Analyst to join our Strategic Finance (FP&A) team as we scale and evolve our function in support of the overall company’s rapid growth. The Strategic Financial Analyst will need to combine a top-notch subjective understanding of the business with objective data to regularly drive insights / provide decision support through a wide range of analyses. This individual will play a critical role in the ongoing development and improvement of our FP&A processes including quarterly/annual planning, reporting and ad-hoc strategic analysis. The Strategic Financial Analyst will get a “front row seat” to how a company builds a mature finance function at a hyper-growth public company.
To succeed, you will need to develop creative solutions to abstract strategic problems, deliver your work in a clear and compelling format, and balance big picture thinking with exceptional attention to detail. This position requires a driven self-starter who is able to work comfortably with stakeholders across the organization, takes tasks from start to finish and someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Lead and contribute to development and ongoing improvement of various Vroom forecast models used for the company’s annual and quarterly planning processes, as well as live forecasting
- Communicate insights from said forecasts to help drive intelligent business decisions around the organization
- Develop and produce reports on financial and operational data that provide critical insight into Vroom’s performance as well as support the broader understanding of our business
- Play critical role in establishing routine business review processes across entire P&L, eventually working with key stakeholders (C-Suite and other Senior Vroommates) helping to identify weaknesses / opportunities, as well as partnering on solutions for both
- Ongoing ad-hoc strategic support including “what if” analyses, ROI business case development, M&A, new product pricing, problem diagnostics, etc.
- Constantly maintain an understanding of both the fine details and strategic implications of the all the above workstreams
- Low ego, team-first mindset
- Comfort with constant challenge and discomfort
- Bachelor’s degree or some other form of technical training, preferably in a business discipline such as Finance or Accounting
- 1 to 3 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, management consulting or other financial role at a high growth start up
- Substantial experience/comfort with complex financial modeling
- Superior analytical, critical thinking and quantitative skills, with the ability to extract meaning from the numbers
- Ability to forge strong relationships with business partners across all levels of the organization
- Drive for results & high sense of urgency
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility (open to change) and ability to learn on the fly
- Familiarity with Looker or other BI tools a plus
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions. Our values of SPEED: Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development are only possible in an environment where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.
Please review our privacy and CCPA policies here