Counsel, Consumer Solutions
Vroom, New York, NY
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.
- Strategically and efficiently handle escalated customer disputes, including customer complaints that raise legal issues, attorney demand letters, and customer complaints submitted via regulators, and advise internal teams in resolving such disputes. Demonstrate knowledge of laws in relevant areas such as state and federal consumer protection, consumer finance, fair lending, contract law, etc.
- Engage with internal teams on a daily basis regarding customer experience matters, and provide legal advice related to relevant consumer protection laws; assist in identifying root cause issues and process improvements to help prevent disputes and improve the customer experience.
- Interact on behalf of Vroom with State DMVs, Attorneys General and other regulators and respond to any regulatory inquiries.
- Be responsible for litigation that may arise from customer disputes, including court and arbitration proceedings
- Develop and maintain strong, productive and collaborative relationships with Vroommates throughout the Company.
- Work with and manage outside litigation and regulatory counsel as needed.
- Work closely with the Vroom’s legal team on various projects as needed.
- Candidates for this role must have advanced knowledge and skill in consumer dispute resolution and litigation, with a focus on problem solving and pragmatic solutions.
- The role requires an attorney who has excellent judgment and is able to work independently.
- An understanding of consumer finance and consumer protection regulations (including FCRA, ECOA, FDCPA, FTC Act, etc.) and contract law will help candidates to be successful in this role.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects at once, effectively organize and prioritize work streams, and display an attention to detail in all work activities is fundamental.
- The successful consumer protection attorney will display exceptional professional interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact and collaborate with attorneys, management, business colleagues, and outside parties, including regulators and opposing counsel.
- Because we are a lean legal team, the right candidate is someone who is flexible and thrives in an environment where you are rolling up your sleeves and covering the broad range of day-to-day legal needs of the organization.
- A J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited law school is required.
- Active bar membership in New York or Texas, or an ability to apply for membership in 90 days and become an active member within 1 year of hire is required.
- A minimum of three years of relevant legal experience, including in litigation and dispute resolution, is required.
- Mix of law firm and in-house experience is preferred.
- Role may be performed a a hybrid of remote and in-office.
Vroom’s mission is simple: we want to make buying a car as easy as ordering a pizza. By offering no-haggle pricing, an easy purchase process, and nationwide delivery, we’re well on our way. Quality, communication, and exceeding our customers’ wildest expectations mean the world to us. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there’s no better time to join the team than right now.
Want to learn more about Vroom? Visit Vroom's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.