Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Vroom is seeking a Technical Recruiter to join our growing TA team. The team has undergone some exciting changes this year. With our business growing rapidly, we need to hire Engineering, Product, and Data teams across all three of Vroom’s nationwide offices. This role drives the end to end recruiting cycle and will manage requisitions across job levels and job functions. It is up to us to attract, source, and recruit the best talent.
This Recruiter will define the support needs of their hiring managers, facilitate hiring discussions, seek consensus and then complete assignments with full-cycle recruiting responsibility. This individual will work to creatively provide a diverse slate of candidates for all vacancies and opportunistic hiring without dependencies on outside search agents. The right Recruiter will be adept at collaborating proactively with hiring managers, interviewers, and the HR team.
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Enthusiasm for an e-commerce company that is disrupting an industry
- Passion to create a white-glove candidate experience, even if it’s done remotely
- Organization which will make supporting multiple hiring managers and roles a breeze
- Provide guidance to hiring managers related to recruiting process
- Source, screen, and present qualified candidates to hiring managers
- Solicit feedback on candidates to refine recruiting strategy as applicable
- Assess and evaluate candidates over the phone, video, and in-person
- Master candidate communication that is frequent and timely throughout recruitment process, share manager feedback and appropriately disposition all candidates
- Educate candidates on the culture, growth potential, compensation. and benefits of working for Vroom, selling both the company and the opportunity
- Partner and establish rapport with appropriate stakeholders for candidate development and offer presentation
- Appropriately discuss and negotiate compensation with hiring managers and candidates to ensure closure of offers
- Complete project work as needed
- Minimum 5 years experience with full project life cycle technical recruiting in a fast-paced, corporate environment or agency/recruiting firm
- Appreciation and ability to advocate for diversity hiring and the inclusivity of gender, race, background, and diversity of thought
- Ability to adjust, re-prioritize, and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Drive to continuously raise the talent bar within an organization
- Strong ability to assess talent, negotiate compensation, and build rapport with all types of candidates
- Experience working with Workday ATS a plus
- Demonstrated capability to build and foster strong relationships with hiring managers at all levels
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions. Our values of SPEED: Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development are only possible in an environment where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.
Please review our privacy and CCPA policies here