Director, Software Engineering - Toronto
Transforming your leasing and asset management
What You'll Do
- Partner with our executive team to launch and scale our Toronto product development center
- Effectively represent VTS in Toronto, extending awareness of our employer brand and opportunity to the broader community
- Act as a cultural bridge between NYC and Toronto, supporting cultural cohesion and strong cross-site relationships
- Establish or adapt existing processes to fully support effective multi-site engineering
- Drive a culture of engineering excellence, and enable engineers in cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality software that solves real customer problems.
- Lead and support key operational activities including recruiting, strategic planning, performance management, career pathing, L&D programs.
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth environment requiring a high degree of autonomy and responsibility
- Several years of experience coaching and supporting engineering managers and senior engineers, ideally in a distributed team environment
- Capable of building effective partnerships with leaders in other disciplines, and representing engineering concerns in cross-functional contexts.
- Sufficient technical expertise and maturity to add value to technical discussions and decision making.
- Driven by solving customer needs through cross-functional partnership
About our Team
- We have a 40+ person engineering team based in NYC and Toronto
- We work in small, cross-functional teams that include product managers, designers, and QA
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work
- We deploy daily and rely heavily on automated testing and CI
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products
- Our stack: Ruby on Rails, React, AngularJS, Heroku, Postgres, AWS, Swift, Android
- Learn more on our engineering blog
We Take Care of You!
- Competitive compensation packages
- Premium medical, dental & vision
- Training and career development programs for everyone in the company
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Team lunches, company happy hours, ample snacks and drinks
We're revolutionizing commercial real estate through innovation.
VTS was founded by real estate professionals who have experienced the challenges facing today's landlords and brokers first-hand. Armed with these insights, we deliver an easy-to-use, intuitive platform that empowers commercial real estate professionals to work smarter, not harder.
Be a Better VTS Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at VTS when you watch classes taught by their top employees.