Engineering Manager, Mobile
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Grow and develop an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around ownership and impact
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies VTS’ values
- Ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- Run and continuously improve an agile engineering process that empowers engineers with the context, autonomy, and tools needed to do their best work, and promotes shipping high-quality products efficiently and predictably
- Jointly own the teams’ execution and delivery of the product roadmap in partnership with the Product Manager
- Partner with engineering leadership in Toronto and New York to formulate technical strategy and align teams with company objectives
- Work with leadership to identify strategic technology investments required to support business objectives, and ensure those projects are properly prioritized and delivered
- Ensure VTS is well represented in and enriches Toronto’s engineering community via events, content, open-source contributions, etc.
- Partner with our recruiting team to source, recruit and onboard talent to VTS
- Coach and mentor individual team members, creating a structured environment and feedback loop that supports career development and high engagement
What Makes You A Great Fit?
- 3+ years of management experience with an engineering team
- Strong technical background with experience building, shipping, and maintaining mobile applications (iOS and/or Android) as a software engineer
- You have strong experience operating in complex tech organizations making use of agile methodologies and tools to build the product for users at scale
- Motivated, self-starter with a passion for building and growing teams
- You have a strong track record leading teams, building and fostering collaborative cultures that deliver complex, high-quality products
- Provide clear, consistent leadership, management, and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization
- Inspire, empower and motivate your teams, leading by example
- Ability to manage globally distributed teams on different time zones
- You have excellent communication, coaching, mentoring, and teaching skills.
- You have a technical background. You should be able to dive into technical problems and coach, challenge and lead as needed
- Strong problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership and deal with ambiguity
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative, cross-discipline environment
- Strong customer empathy and a focus on quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You’ll need to create consensus among passionate stakeholders in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
ABOUT OUR TEAM:
- We have a 60+ person engineering team distributed across NY and Toronto.
- We work in small, cross-functional teams that include product managers, designers, and QA
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work
- We deploy daily and rely heavily on automated testing and CI
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products
- Our stack: Swift, Kotlin, Ruby on Rails, React, Postgres, AWS, Kafka, Apache Spark
- Learn more about us on our engineering blog
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is revolutionizing commercial real estate. Our mission is to become the industry's modern operating system — the place where deals happen and real-time data comes to life. Over the last 8 years, the VTS Leasing Platform has become the standard for online leasing, centralizing and correcting data for 750+ of the top landlords and helping them automate the manual aspects of the leasing process. To date, 12B+ square feet of commercial real estate is managed on our Leasing Platform globally. With this coverage, we created VTS Market, the first, integrated online marketing platform and marketplace, built on top of our Leasing Platform. As a result of bringing the marketing and leasing process online, VTS has built the largest network of real-time data in commercial real estate. With our offering called VTS Data, we provide the industry's only forward-looking view on the market.
Be a Better VTS Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at VTS when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about VTS? Visit VTS's website.
The best bed for better sleep