Vungle’s software engineers build machine learning systems to work at scale and in real-time, evaluating and ranking millions of possibilities each second. Every improvement to our recommendation models has a direct impact on Vungle’s mission, and that means we get the chance to push our machine learning algorithms to their limits.
We’re looking for hardcore software engineers who love applying their skills to all sorts of problems in the machine learning domain. At Vungle, you’ll work on a small engineering team responsible for the design and implementation of high-performance, scalable, and reliable ML architecture. You’ll collaborate closely with our Data Scientists and work on everything from feature engineering to database design to custom implementations of state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms. And most importantly, you’ll have the chance to get your ideas into production, measure their impact, and keep improving.
What you’ll do:
- Design and scale predictive models to handle production-level loads of 100MM+ daily transactions, using multi-billion-row training sets
- Identify new features, better algorithms, and obscure performance optimizations; test your ideas on live traffic and take them from prototype to production
- Work with data science and ML toolkits like scikit-learn, numpy, TensorFlow, Theano and the like
- Use big data technologies like Spark to build efficient and reliable data pipelines specifically designed to support problems in the machine learning domain
- Use your expert coding skills across a number of languages such as Python, Scala and Go
- Be technology agnostic and always pick the right tool for the job.
- Be an evangelist for quality software engineering practices
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 4 plus years professional experience as a software developer
- 2+ year experience with machine learning, artificial intelligence, or related field, either academic or industry
- Strong programmer with a background in OOP (Python, Java, C++, Scala or equivalent), capable of writing high-performance production quality code.
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals, data structures and algorithms, complexity analysis
- Familiarity with core ML concepts, common supervised and unsupervised algorithms, feature engineering and feature selection, bias/variance, etc
- Comfortable conducting and participating in thorough design and code reviews.
- Previous experience in back end development
- MS in Computer Science or related field with coursework on machine learning or artificial intelligence
- 2+ years professional experience working with popular machine learning libraries such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Theano or similar
- Experience implementing and maintaining high-performance back-end systems
- Experience working with distributed frameworks and big data technologies like Spark
OUR MISSION IS TO DELIVER THE HIGHEST VALUE USERS THROUGH ENGAGING VIDEO ADS Advertisers depend on Vungle’s creative optimization technology, targeting and HD video ad delivery to reach and acquire high-quality users worldwide. Top publishers rely on Vungle to generate revenue with engaging video ads.
Want to learn more about Vungle? Visit Vungle's website.
Jobs You May Like
(Senior) Software Engineer - Site Reliability
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Database Engine
MemSQL, San Francisco, CA
Mark43, New York Office
Sr. Front-End/Full-Stack Software Engineer
POPSUGAR, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer - Growth Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
QA Engineer, Front End