The Director of Engineering, Data is responsible for the efficiency, quality, and availability of Vungle data for both internal and external consumption. The position includes responsibility for hiring, retaining, evaluating, and leading team members. This is a strategic role that helps drives the operational planning and success of Data Availability, Engineering and Operations while also championing new technologies and methodologies which lead to more efficient Data ingestion and utilization. This position is responsible for working with the Data Engineering team on data availability planning and capacity planning.
- Define and champion data strategy, lead the adoption and implementation of data technologies for high volume data.
- Drive data management and data engineering across multiple geographical locations.
- Responsible for developing effective communication and training for business teams on data services and roadmaps.
- Iteratively improve processes and automation to reduce failures and increase data load speeds.
- Streamline 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data loads and manage quality issues and other delays.
- Evaluate and enable data that drive Data Science, Analytics and Business Intelligence needs.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to maintain data pipeline and infrastructure, ensure fidelity and optimal functionality for all reporting systems.
- Build and lead a high performing, agile team focusing on data.
- Act as a technology leadership resource for all of Vungle, and facilitate communications, problem resolution, and effective delivery both within and outside the team.
- Grow and mentor the team, encouraging the highest levels of craftsmanship and contribution to engineering and business goals.
- Ability and willingness to provide production code as needed.
- This position requires regular overseas travel to our China office located in Beijing.
- Minimum of 12+ years of experience with 6+ years managing people
- In-depth understanding of inner workings of big data technologies like Hadoop, Kafka, Spark.
- Experience leveraging big data environments/frameworks to deploy analytical services.
- Significant work experience in the following disciplines: data modeling, data integration, database design, data analysis, and data migration tools.
- Extensive experience with relational (Redshift, memSQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) DBMS (such as HBase, MongoDb, DynamoDb, Redis)
- Experience building streaming or batch processing data pipeline.
- Experience with cloud and other emerging technology solutions in enterprise data management.
- Experience implementing customer data integration / master data management processes.
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing ETL and database systems.
- Experience with API development, management and have a solid understanding of distributed system concepts.
- Experience building, motivating, and leading teams to solve problems and deliver high-quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems (Airflow).
- Experience leading an international team.
- Experience in the ad tech industry is a big plus.
- Possess a can-do, no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude.
- Ability to be deeply technical and still hands-on code
- Ability to travel as-needed to Beijing, China.
- Ability to be hands on as needed.
- BS/MS in computer science or a related field, or professional experience in data engineering and data management.
Vungle is the trusted guide for growth and engagement, transforming how people discover and experience apps. Mobile application developers partner with Vungle to monetize their apps through innovative in-app ad experiences that are inspired by insight and crafted with creativity. Advertisers depend on Vungle to reach, acquire, and retain high-value users worldwide. Vungle develops tools that include data-led buying and UX recommendations, ad format innovation, creative automation, and more. Vungle's data-optimized ads run on over 1 billion unique devices to drive engagement and increase returns for publishers and advertisers ranging from indie studios to powerhouse brands, including Rovio, Zynga, Pandora, and Microsoft. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices around the world in London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, and Singapore. For more information, visit www.vungle.com or follow the company on Twitter @Vungle
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Vungle does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or Recruiting Team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Vungle vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Recruiting Team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Vungle Recruiting Team and such candidate was submitted to the Vungle Recruiting Team via our Applicant Tracking System.
OUR MISSION IS TO DELIVER THE HIGHEST VALUE USERS THROUGH ENGAGING VIDEO ADS Advertisers depend on Vungle’s creative optimization technology, targeting and HD video ad delivery to reach and acquire high-quality users worldwide. Top publishers rely on Vungle to generate revenue with engaging video ads.
Want to learn more about Vungle? Visit Vungle's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.