Warby Parker is looking for a Brand Communications Specialist to drive targeted fashion coverage that enhances the Warby Parker brand and its products. The person in this position will play a key role in securing press placements for the brand, as well as developing a strong fashion media and influencer network across print, digital, blogger, and creative industries.
The Brand Communications Specialist will be an integral member of the brand communications and brand management teams that support Warby Parker's media relations strategies and storytelling efforts. Sound right up your alley? Keep reading!
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the Brand Communications Director on the development and execution of Warby Parker’s brand and collection communications strategy in order to secure meaningful editorial fashion coverage across all media platforms and outlets
- Craft messaging points and relevant assets for all external-facing Brand Communications initiatives
- Create detailed written briefs for both internal and external partners to support any PR events, seasonal initiatives, or creative asset requests
- Pitch targeted fashion media and secure impactful press coverage on Warby Parker’s collections, collaborations, partnerships, and other brand initiatives
- Build and leverage existing relationships with key fashion editors, as well as influencers within the fashion, design, art, and entertainment communities
- Collaborate across Warby Parker’s internal teams and external PR partners on relevant initiatives
- Prepare monthly press recaps, manage product samples, and archive all press assets
Who You Are:
- Equipped with a bachelor's (or graduate!) degree and at least 4 years of professional PR/communications experience, either in-house or with an agency supporting high-energy brands within the fashion/lifestyle arena
- Backed by a track record of securing top-tier coverage in print and online media
- Super knowledgeable of the fashion, entertainment, and lifestyle consumer media landscape
- Armed with strong existing relationships in the fashion/luxury media and influencer communities (and able to leverage your network for coverage and partnership opportunities)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (in person, over email, via smoke signal—you get the idea)
- Able to work collaboratively and develop consensus within diverse groups and teams
- Exceptionally organized with extreme attention to detail (plus planning and prioritization skills that don’t falter in a fast-paced work environment)
- Proficient at PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Docs
- Optimistic and high-energy (with or without coffee)
- Passionate about the brand
- Experienced at managing product samples
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)
About Warby Parker
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping.
Want to learn more about Warby Parker? Visit Warby Parker's website.
Jobs You May Like
Marketing Coordinator - (Summer Halifax)
HelloFresh, Halifax, NS
Vice President, Product Marketing
Classy, San Diego HQ
Trendyol, Istanbul / Maslak
UncommonGoods, 140 58th Street ,Brooklyn, NY 11220
Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA
B2B Marketing Specialist
CipherHealth, New York, NY