Optical Manager, Warby Parker Green Room
Warby Parker, Los Angeles, CA
Work behind the scenes or in the stores
Warby Parker is searching for an Optical Supervisor to join our growing team of in-house optical professionals. In this role, you’ll rely on your optical prowess, friendly demeanor, and product expertise to create incredible customer experiences. Whether you’re helping longtime Warby Parker fans or first-time wearers, you’ll leave them excited and confident about our glasses. (Our frames are really special, after all. Take a peek at how our glasses are made.) Acting as a keyholder to the store, you’ll help open and close up shop as well as maintain internal operations. As a leader of the team, you’ll foster an upbeat and productive work environment for the opticians and retail advisors. Our ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter and a lifelong learner who’s eager to help Warby Parker grow. Sound like your cup of tea? Read on!
John | Austin, TX
Company-paid ABO testing and a stipend for ongoing and continuing education for Opticianry are great and there are countless opportunities to grow within the company. I have been in optics for 27 years and being an Optician at Warby Parker for the last four years is proving to be the most satisfying.
What you'll do:Optical duties
- Work directly with customers to help meet all of their eyewear needs
- Take and record measurements, adjust and fit eyewear, and execute these details with flawless accuracy
- Check that our finished eyewear meets our optical standards, as well as customer requirements and requests
- Use your expertise to explain prescription terminology and product offerings to customers
- Set your store up for success each day by ensuring that all operational, service, and staff zoning procedures are executed to Warby Parker standards
- Drive the store vision and sales by providing above-and-beyond service on the floor and acting as the main contact for customer and operational questions
- Work with store management to lead and mentor the Optical team, including participants of our Optician Apprentice Program, and exemplify what great service looks like
- Help maintain general store systems, inventory databases, and business operations
- Foster and support a productive, positive employee culture in your store
Who you are:
- A licensed dispensing optician in states that require a license (or an ABO-certified optician in non-licensing states) with 2+ years of experience, including supervisor responsibilities
- Passionate about the eyewear and retail industries
- A clear, effective, and professional communicator—you can break down technical terms for customers to easily understand
- Dedicated to going above-and-beyond to make customers (and your teammates!) happy
- An energetic, positive team player who’s able to adapt in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
About Warby Parker
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping.
Want to learn more about Warby Parker? Visit Warby Parker's website.
Jobs You May Like
Customer Support Representative, Marketplace Live Operations Team
DoorDash, Phoenix, AZ
Customer Care Associate
Bellhops, Chattanooga, TN
Mission Operations Engineering
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
Senior Enablement Program Manager
Shopify, Melbourne, Australia - Remote
Customer Success Manager
Qumulo, Seattle, WA