Warby Parker is searching for skilled and enthusiastic Opticians to join our growing team of in-house optical all-stars and play an integral part in what we’re all about—helping people see! In this role, you’ll become an expert in our brand and our glasses (take a peek at how they’re made). Whether you’re helping longtime Warby Parker fans or first-time wearers, you’ll deliver extraordinary customer service to leave them excited and confident about our glasses. Along the way, you’ll partner with motivated, collaborative individuals who take their work (but not themselves) seriously. You’ll also expand your current skill set with a slew of career-advancing resources and benefits. Our ideal candidate is a lifelong learner who’s eager to help Warby Parker grow. Sound a lot like you? Wonderful—read on!
Alicia | Atlanta, GA
Here I can really focus on my customers' vision and satisfaction with their glasses, more so than at other retailers. The company goes above and beyond to ensure that all of the processes and operations are streamlined and efficient, so that I have as much time as possible in front of the customer.
What you'll do:
- Work directly with customers to help meet all of their eyewear needs
- Take and record measurements, adjust and fit eyewear, and execute these details with flawless accuracy
- Check that our finished eyewear meets our optical standards, as well as customer requirements and requests
- Use your expertise to explain prescription terminology and product offerings to customers
- Work with your team to make sure all customers receive exceptional service
- Help customers choose the best frames and lenses based on their prescription needs, face fit, personal style, and lifestyle
- Collaborate with your team to form best practices for sales and customer service that can be implemented throughout the organization
- Represent our brand to help educate others and get them excited about our values and mission
Who you are:
- A licensed dispensing optician in states that require a license (or an ABO-certified optician in non-licensing states)
- Passionate about the eyewear and retail industries
- A clear, effective, and professional communicator—you can break down technical terms for customers to easily understand
- Dedicated to going above-and-beyond to make customers (and your teammates!) happy
- An energetic, positive team player who’s able to adapt in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Extremely detail-oriented and capable of juggling a wide range of responsibilities
- Open-minded—you’re constantly learning and challenging what you know
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Someone who takes your work very seriously, but not yourself
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Warby Parker
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping.