Warby Parker is on the lookout for a seasoned Director of Manufacturing to play an important role in helping manage all of our production facilities. In this position, you’ll help determine our strategic network to pave the way for future growth, all while managing day-to-day operations. Reporting to the Senior Director, Operations, you’ll drive some of our company’s key metrics, including those related to safety, quality, fulfillment time, cost, and inventory control. Sound like the job for you? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop key metrics of safety, quality, fulfillment time, cost, and inventory control
- Mentor, coach, and educate internal and external functions on manufacturing terms and processes so we can continue to build world-class facilities
- Research cutting-edge technology that could have a significant impact on both our metrics and employees, then work with our Technology team to implement the most effective solutions
- Set a strategic vision for our manufacturing network, continuously proposing and evaluating creative solutions that best serve the company and our customers
- Work with the Operational Excellence team to determine and drive integral projects
- Lead negotiations with existing and prospective vendors
- Develop and retain top talent who are highly engaged
Who you are:
- Armed with a bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, supply chain management, or a related field
- Equipped with 8+ years’ hands-on experience in supply chain project management or operations
- Armed with the leadership skills to build solid relationships and manage a growing team
- A positive thinker and strong cross-functional collaborator
- Someone who’s capable of leading high-visibility projects from start to finish with measurable results—and has the track record to prove it!
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Able to travel up to 15% of the time (get ready to rack up frequent-flyer miles!)
- Not on the Officer of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)
About Warby Parker
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping.
Want to learn more about Warby Parker? Visit Warby Parker's website.
Jobs You May Like
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Accountability Team Member (TM) AZAZ - SYRIA
GOAL Syria, Azaz – Northwest Syria
Sales Supervisor, Warby Parker Green Room
Warby Parker, Los Angeles, CA
VR Retail Lead
Survios, Torrance, CA
Electronic Discovery & Litigation Support Analyst
Gemini, New York, NY
Global Operations Associate
Flexport, Seattle, WA