Our opticians strive to make the experience of shopping for (and ultimately owning) Warby Parker eyewear an amazing one for every customer. Your role as a Customer Experience Optician will be to serve customers with expertise, friendliness, and honesty. Sound up your alley? Get all the details below.
What you’ll do:
- Manufacture orders quickly and efficiently
- Inspect and quality-check orders to ensure that they align with Warby Parker quality standards
- Adjust and repair frames based on customer feedback
- Conduct troubleshooting and frame/lens recommendations with customers, both over the phone and over email
- Act as resource for our Customer Experience team on all prescription-related issues
- Help with the inspection of lab-driven returns related to prescription issues
Who you are:
- A seasoned optician with 3 or more years of optical experience and 1–2 years of finishing lab work experience
- ABO-certified and licensed in New York State
- Extremely detail-oriented and a master time manager
- Dedicated to making people happy (both customers and fellow team members!)
- A self-starter with energy to spare
- Cool under pressure and capable of juggling a diverse set of responsibilities (including multiple concurrent assignments). No literal juggling of glasses is required
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)
About Warby Parker
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping.
Want to learn more about Warby Parker? Visit Warby Parker's website.
Jobs You May Like
Off-site Social Media Specialist
Catering Line Cook
Oh My Green, South San Francisco, CA
Technical Support Engineer - Swing Shift
Hortonworks, Santa Clara, CA
Senior Sales Ambassador - Shops at Nanuet
Lush Cosmetics, Nanuet, New York, United States
Primary Care Physician
Circle Medical, San Francisco Bay Area
Technical Support Engineer - Tier 2