Optometrist (Part-Time), Walnut St.
Warby Parker, Philadelphia, PA
Work behind the scenes or in the stores
Warby Parker is looking for a high-energy, innovative, and caring part-time optometrist with a passion for delivering remarkable vision care in a collaborative environment. Our ideal candidate is a team player at heart who strives to exceed patient expectations and has a great attitude all the while. Sound like you? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Perform excellent comprehensive eye exams in accordance with Warby Parker’s protocol and standards of care
- Ensure flawless accuracy in taking measurements and diagnosing ocular conditions
- Explain eye health, eyewear, and prescription terminology to patients
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge and effectively communicate features and benefits to patients
- Act as a representative for our brand and help educate and excite others to establish Warby Parker as a leading vision service provider
Who you are:
- A Doctor of Optometry licensed in state they will practice
- Excited by a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Dedicated to making people healthy and happy
- Knowledgeable about (and eager to incorporate) new technology into your work
- Innovative, proactive, and entrepreneurial
- Business-minded and driven to deliver results
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull day, and no one likes a dull day. As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to team outings, intramural sports, volunteering opportunities, and more. It also doesn’t hurt that the team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Quarterly team performance-based incentive program
- Flexible sick leave policy
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- Frequent snacks, team outings, and workday celebrations
- And more (just ask!)
About Warby Parker
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping.
Want to learn more about Warby Parker? Visit Warby Parker's website.
Jobs You May Like
Stylist- Guide, San Francisco (Union Square)
Bonobos, San Francisco, CA
Customer Care Escalations Agent - Bilingual English & Japanese
TripAdvisor, Las Vegas, NV
Optician, Palo Alto
Warby Parker, Palo Alto, CA
Lead Stylist-Supervisor, Portland
Bonobos, Portland, OR
Senior Customer Support Engineer
Anomali, Redwood City, CA