Production Floor Associate: First Shift
Warby Parker, Sloatsburg, NY
Work behind the scenes or in the stores
Warby Parker is searching for a hard-working, upbeat Production Floor Associate to join our optical lab in Sloatsburg, New York. Opening our first-ever in-house lab has helped us sustainably grow our supply chain and consistently provide top-notch customer service. As a member of our lab team, you’ll directly impact this key component of our business by supporting our first-shift operations. Sound right up your alley? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
(We’re hiring in all three areas below—let us know which role you prefer in your application.)
- Print, fold, and sort work order tickets
- Pick inventory, such as trays, lenses, and frames
- Operate a frame tracer
- Final Inspection
- Use a lensometer to ensure lenses have the correct power and meet ANSI standards
- Perform final visual quality inspection before products are packaged and shipped
- Identify and report defects
- Packing and Shipping
- Assemble kits for each order and package them for shipment
- Create and attach mailing labels
- Print order invoices
Who you are:
- Backed by at least one year of relevant work or internship experience
- A team player willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done right
- Positive and self-motivated
- An efficient communicator (both online and offline!)
- Highly attentive and organized
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of standing and/or walking for up to 10 hours
- Able to push, pull, squat, bend, and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
- Not on the Officer of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- In this role, you’ll work the lab’s first shift Monday–Friday, 7:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Fun and quirky!
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
About Warby Parker
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping.