As a Senior Accountant, you will be joining our fellow master number crunchers (aka our Accounting team) and focusing on a wide range of accounting areas. This position requires an ambitious and dynamic general accountant who thrives on managing multiple projects, plus the chaos that often comes with it! You’ll support our department in achieving its overall goals by leading the management of different internal and external systems to improve current accounting processes and procedures.
What you’ll do:
- Own key account reconciliations, including accounts receivable, deferred revenue, straight line rent, fixed assets (and much more!)—all while collaborating with both finance and various teams across the organization
- Analyze company expenses and spend through creation of expense variance analysis and cash spend reporting, plus determine necessary monthly accruals
- Manage fixed asset accounting by working closely with the development team on our construction management tool—plus, manage budget versus actual reporting and drive automation in asset tracking and depreciation
- Be the accounting supervisor for our lease administration tool, confirm straight line rent calculations and management lease incentives across our 50+ locations
- Implement automations within our ERP system for ease of processing monthly transactions
- Provide ad-hoc analysis for Accounting team and senior management
Who you are:
- Equipped with at least 3–5 years of general accounting experience within consumer products, retail, or related industry
- A proud owner of a Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance (CPA is a plus!)
- An unabashed Excel guru
- Able to execute tasks like nobody’s business
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Consistently looking for new and innovative ways to do things
- Super serious about your work (without taking yourself too seriously)
- A highly collaborative team player and self-starter; willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last seven years, we’ve grown to over 50 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We’re also a certified B Corporation, so we’re held to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)
About Warby Parker
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping.
Want to learn more about Warby Parker? Visit Warby Parker's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Director, Claims and Membership
Clover Health, San Francisco, CA
Bonobos, New York, NY
Head of Regional Compliance & MLRO- Europe
Merrill, St. Cloud, MN (USA)
Trading Analyst / Specialist
The Trade Desk, Singapore
Decibel Insight, London