We’re looking for a top-notch Visual Specialist to help us make sure all our offices, events, and stores are beautiful and on-brand. The person in this role will interface between our retail and brand teams, managing all the visual work (wall decals, marquee signage, tile patterns, book blocks!) required for new stores and making sure that everything visuals-related stays on track for new openings, company offices and brand events. In short: They’ll be the person responsible for supporting all visual needs for our retail operation. Sound like a dream gig? Read on.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Visual Director to set and uphold Warby Parker’s visual standards across all offices, retail stores, showrooms, concept shops, and events
- Create merchandising maps, visual directives, and creative for display concepts
- Manage the vendor-order process from ordering to invoicing
- Organize store photography and create new-store launch recaps
- Conduct regular New York City store audits, making sure everything is in tip-top shape
- Partner with our brand, retail and operation teams to provide store marketing materials (signage, vinyl, and beyond!)
- Act as the point person for all timelines involving new-store openings, partnering with Construction PMs, the ops team, and the brand team.
- Package and coordinate all visual items and needs for each store opening, and brief all installations and projects to the on-site visuals representative (if you’re not on site personally)
- Fulfill and delegate tasks that come in through retail visual support tickets
Who you are:
- Equipped with 2–3 years of visual/visual merchandising experience
- The proud owner of a bachelor’s degree or someone with extensive experience in retail
- A master time-manager who’s extremely, impressively organized and detail-oriented (spreadsheets make your heart beat)
- A creative problem-solver and expert communicator—in person, on the phone, over email, via carrier pigeon, the whole shebang
- Hard-working and fun-loving (you take your work seriously, but not yourself)
- Able to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Experienced with visual displays and installations
- Able to travel from time to time and on relatively short notice (carry-on at the ready)
- Someone who knows their way around a tool bag, a power drill, and basic handiwork
- A degree in art or visual communications
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last seven years, we’ve grown to over 50 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We’re also a certified B Corporation, so we’re held to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)
About Warby Parker
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping.