Licensed Optical Manager, Newbury St.
Warby Parker, Boston, MA
Work behind the scenes or in the stores
Warby Parker is on the lookout for a highly skilled Optical Manager to join our growing in-house Optical team. In this role, you’ll use your professional skill set and product expertise to create incredible experiences for customers. Whether you’re helping longtime Warby Parker fans or first-time wearers, you’ll leave them excited and confident about our glasses. (Our frames are really special, after all. Take a peek at how they’re made.) Acting as both a coach and team player, you’ll lead your store’s Opticians and jump in to consult customers as needed. Our ideal candidate is a lifelong learner who’s able to embrace challenges, foster an encouraging work environment, and help Warby Parker grow. Sound like the job for you? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with customers to help meet all of their eyewear needs
- Take and record measurements, adjust and fit eyewear, and execute these details with flawless accuracy
- Check that our finished eyewear meets our optical standards, as well as customer requirements and requests
- Use your expertise to explain prescription terminology and product offerings to customers
- Report to the Store Leader, working together to anticipate staffing needs and oversee Optician Apprentice Program participants
- Manage a team of Opticians by giving and receiving feedback, holding ongoing development conversations, and leading by example on the floor
- Uphold exceptional service standards when working with customers and implement retail experience programs that increase their loyalty and engagement
- Stay up to date with HR policies and procedures to promote a productive, safe culture in the store and leverage company resources to increase employees’ engagement and job satisfaction
- Support general store systems, inventory databases, and business operations
Who you are:
- A licensed dispensing optician in states that require a license (or an ABO-certified optician in non-licensing states) who’s been in a management position for 2+ years
- A strong leader and mentor who exhibits model behavior, drives optical metrics, and adheres to strict optical standards
- Able to operate with a high sense of professionalism and open-mindedness when making decisions on behalf of the team
- Passionate about the eyewear and retail industries
- A clear and effective communicator—you can break down technical terms for customers to easily understand
- Dedicated to going above-and-beyond to make customers (and your teammates!) happy
- Detail-oriented, organized, and capable of prioritizing tasks and responsibilities for yourself and your team in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Someone who takes your work very seriously, but not yourself
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for Full-Time Employees:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Support
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Free eyewear
- And more (just ask!)
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.
About Warby Parker
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping.
Want to learn more about Warby Parker? Visit Warby Parker's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos