Apprentice Optician (Part-Time), The Mall at Short Hills
Warby Parker, Short Hills, NJ
Work behind the scenes or in the stores
Warby Parker is searching for skilled and enthusiastic Apprentice Opticians to join our growing team of in-house optical all-stars and play an integral part in what we’re all about—helping people see! In this role, you’ll become an expert on our brand and our glasses (take a peek at how they’re made). Whether you’re helping longtime Warby Parker fans or first-time wearers, you’ll deliver extraordinary customer service to leave them excited and confident about our glasses. Along the way, you’ll partner with motivated, collaborative individuals who take their work (but not themselves) seriously. You’ll also expand your current skill set with a slew of career-advancing resources and benefits. Our ideal candidate is a lifelong learner who’s eager to help Warby Parker grow. Sound a lot like you? Wonderful—read on!
What you'll do
- Work under the direct supervision of a Licensed Optician mentor and learn how to meet our customers’ eyewear needs
- Learn how to take and record measurements, adjust and fit eyewear, and execute these details with flawless accuracy
- Learn how to check that our finished eyewear meets our optical standards, as well as customer requirements and requests
- Develop the expertise to explain prescription terminology and product offerings to customers
- Work with your team to make sure all customers receive exceptional service
- Learn how to help customers choose the best frames and lenses based on their prescription needs, face fit, personal style, and lifestyle
- Collaborate with your team to form best practices for sales and customer service that can be implemented throughout the organization
- Represent our brand to help educate others and get them excited about our values and mission
Who you are
- Interested in working in a medical-oriented role to help people see
- Passionate about working with people
- A hands-on problem solver who’s excited to learn a new technical skill
- A clear, effective, and professional communicator
- Dedicated to going above-and-beyond to help customers (and your team!)
- An energetic, positive team player who’s able to adapt in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Extremely detail-oriented and capable of juggling a wide range of responsibilities
- Open-minded—you’re constantly learning and challenging what you know
- Someone who takes your work very seriously, but not yourself
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Warby Parker requires all newly hired in-person or hybrid employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Warby Parker is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation, as necessary with federal, state, or local law, to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.
About Warby Parker
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping.
Want to learn more about Warby Parker? Visit Warby Parker's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one