As an Optical Supervisor, you’ll strive to deliver our customers with an incredible shopping and eyewear-ownership experience. You’ll act as both player and coach, leading a team of employees while jumping in to directly serve our customers as needed.
What you’ll do:
Leadership and management related duties
- Act as a leader on the floor by supporting the team and creating a great in-store experience for our customers
- Manage a team of opticians by modeling behavior, giving and receiving feedback, and holding ongoing development conversations
- Partner with your store leader to plan ahead for staffing needs at the store
- Foster a productive employee culture in the store and leverage company resources to increase engagement and job satisfaction
- Act as point of contact in supporting general store systems and the execution of operational responsibilities
- Uphold exceptional service standards, leading by example and leveraging retail experience programs that increase customer loyalty and engagement
- Maintain working knowledge of HR policies and procedures to promote a safe working environment
- Ensure flawless accuracy in taking and recording measurements, adjusting and fitting eyewear as needed
- Verify that our finished eyewear meets our optical standards as well as customer requirements and requests
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge and accurately describe the features and benefits of various lenses and frames
- Comfortably explain eyewear prescription terminology to customers
Who you are:
- An experienced optician with 5+ years of experience (including 2+ years in a management role)
- An LDO in states requiring a license to dispense or an ABO in non-licensed states
- Passionate about fashion, eyewear, and the retail industry
- Great at communicating clearly and effectively—in person, on the phone, and online (you’ve never met a medium you couldn’t communicate over!)
- Equipped with super-strong people management skills
- Extremely detail oriented and a master time manager
- Able to project a professional, fashion-forward image
- Excited by a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Dedicated to making people happy (customers and team members!)
- A self-starter with energy to spare
- Cool under pressure and capable of juggling a diverse set of responsibilities (including completing multiple assignments and handling multiple customers competing for your attention). No literal juggling of frames required ;)
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, pneumatic tubes, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and brain-stimulating activities.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Generous PTO policy including six paid holidays
- Quarterly team performance-based incentive program
- Flexible parental leave policy
- Health & wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Frequent snacks, team outings, and workday celebrations
About Warby Parker
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping.