Calling all retail store design gurus! Do you have a knack for connecting the unconnected to creative ideas and translating brand strategy into an award winning retail experience? Are you a master collaborator who can seamlessly usher designs from conceptual stages through permitting? Are you an AutoCAD and/or REVIT super user with a love for 3D renderings?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Warby Parker is hiring a Retail Store Designer to design retail stores and create amazing store experiences!
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for design development and management of assigned design projects, while maintaining project schedules and ensuring brand standards & timelines are maintained. Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Develop design layouts for assigned projects using AutoCAD or REVIT within the parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements with alignment and input from cross-functional teams.
- Prepare and presentation drawings to communicate design intent to Warby Parker stakeholders
- Manage the production of construction documents by internal and/or external designers and consultants.
- Manage shop drawing reviews as it relates to each individual store project, including but not limited to Sign shops and Millwork shops
- Collaborate with PMs and GCs and resolve design-related issues or significant site changes/field conditions that occur during construction.
- Appropriately define, document and resolve any site-specific, non-typical design or existing site elements.
- Contribute to development team goals by achieving target deliverables on number of stores and meeting all established deadlines.
- Maintain accurate and updated drawings files to include As-builts.
Who you are:
- 5-7 years of project management experience within a retail organization (managing construction and external architectural and/or design teams)
- Expert in CAD drafting using Revit, AutoCAD and Sketchup software
- Able to communicate design through hand sketches and 3D visualization and translate design principles into unique and varied store locations
- Able to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives under tight timelines resulting in exceptional store environments
- Highly knowledgeable of industry trends (furniture and finishes), building codes, compliance issues
- An energetic multitasker who can balance competing priorities while constantly paying attention to detail
- A strong problem solver and decision maker, even in autonomous work environment
- Experience using a web-based project management collaboration system such as Expesite/Accruent
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last seven years, we’ve grown to over 50 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We’re also a certified B Corporation, so we’re held to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)
About Warby Parker
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping.
Want to learn more about Warby Parker? Visit https://www.warbyparker.com/
Jobs You May Like
Supply Chain - Hardware Vendor Manager
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Business Operations Manager
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Customer Experience Service Delivery Program Manager
Dropbox, Austin, TX
Seasonal Field Assistant
Peloton, Ft. Lauderdale Warehouse
Product Operations Manager
Senior Manager, Logistics Program Management
HelloFresh, New York, NY