What you'll do:
- Connect with teams across Wattpad to uncover compelling stories about our product, our writers, their stories and readers--with a focus on our next hits in the making--developing can’t-miss global PR & Influencer campaigns
- Global media & Influencer relations to increase Wattpad’s presence in Consumer & Lifestyle press, showcasing how Wattpad writers are building global fandoms around their work
- Manage a high-performing PR agency, and work with the Director of PR & Communications to build a network of international agency vendors to support our business
- Build new processes to support an evolving international business, including sourcing new tools to support the Consumer PR practice
- Collaborate with Wattpad’s sister company, WEBTOON, on integrated PR campaigns that highlight both brands
- Educate media about the power of social storytelling, Wattpad’s storytelling technology, and the growing popularity of the webnovel format for the Creator Economy
- Work closely with our content, data, and business teams to compile region-specific content insights and reading/writing trends
- Prepare for and staff interviews, ensuring our Leadership Team can shine in every media encounter
- Coordinate desk-side meetings with journalists in North America and around the world
- Generate and manage speaking and event opportunities for spokespeople
- Develop external speeches and presentations, including researching, writing, and building slides
- Manage budgets and media reporting to showcase the value PR adds to our organization
- Manage Wattpad’s PR Coordinator, mentoring and coaching them to success
What we're looking for:
- 8 years of experience in Consumer or Consumer Tech PR, Influencer Relations, or journalism
- Someone who understands journalism and what makes a great news story - you aren’t afraid to pick up the phone and tell media our story
- A savvy and motivated Communications pro, who can dive into a number of beats and easily talk consumer trends and entertainment
- You really love operations and process -- making sure everything is organized in a way that increases efficiency makes you happy
- An experienced People Manager who can mentor junior staff
- A team player, who gets equally excited about building a strategy as you do in executing tactics
- You love to read and/or write; you're a natural Wattpadder!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered by us!
- RRSP Contributions (Canada), 401K Contributions (USA)
- Generous vacation and Parental Leave Top-up
- Monthly Transit and Home Office Allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, hybrid office and remote work options
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- And a whole lot more!
Wattpad gives people from around the world access to an audience of millions, and connects them with content they can’t find anywhere else. It’s where people discover, create, and share stories about the things they love, right on their mobile phones. The platform continues to grow at an average of 110,000 sign ups per day, with an average session time of 30 minutes. Wattpad works with leading consumer and entertainment brands to help them reach a mostly-millennial audience of millions.
Want to learn more about Wattpad? Visit Wattpad's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.