What you'll do:
- Collaborate cross-functionally across the organization to develop and execute proactive communications, thought-leadership, and content strategies to support a range of corporate initiatives
- Create a variety of media materials, including press releases, media pitches, op-eds, and white papers
- Global media relations to increase Wattpad’s presence in business press and advertising and marketing trades, showcasing why Wattpad is a leading destination for Gen Z storytellers and their readers.
- Prepare and manage budgets
- Manage a high-performing PR agency, and work with the Director of PR & Communications to build a network of international agency vendors to support our business
- Build new processes to support an evolving international business, including sourcing new tools to support Wattpad’s Corporate Communications practice
- Message development and media training for our Leadership Team and corporate spokespeople, ensuring a robust lineup of well-trained public speakers
- Develop a rapid response framework and playbook to support issues-management
- Function as first level of response for issues related to Brand Partnerships, Legal, and Community Risk & Reputation, managing inbound media requests and aligning stakeholders
- Work with our US and international PR agencies to tell our Corporate, Brand Partnerships, and Community Safety stories around the world
- Coordinate media tours and desk-side meetings for our Leadership Team, Brand Partnerships Team, and Community Risk and Reputation Teams
- Develop external speeches and presentations, including researching, writing, and building decks
What we're looking for:
- 8 years of experience in PR, corporate communications, or journalism
- A well-connected media mover - you aren’t afraid to pick up the phone and tell media our story
- Someone who lives for the news: you’re a savvy media consumer, you pay attention to big media stories and how they play out
- A motivated communications pro, who stays cool and motivates others in challenging situations
- Someone who thinks beyond press releases: you look for the best channels and messages to accomplish communications goals
- An experienced People Manager who can mentor junior staff
- A natural builder who will create strategies and processes to support our Corporate initiatives, Brand Partnerships, and Community Safety narrative
- A team player who gets equally excited about building a strategy as you do about executing tactics
- You love to read and/or write; you're a natural Wattpadder!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered by us!
- RRSP Contributions (Canada), 401K Contributions (USA)
- Generous vacation and Parental Leave Top-up
- Monthly Transit and Home Office Allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, hybrid office and remote work options
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- Summer Fridays with afternoons off!
- And a whole lot more!
Wattpad gives people from around the world access to an audience of millions, and connects them with content they can’t find anywhere else. It’s where people discover, create, and share stories about the things they love, right on their mobile phones. The platform continues to grow at an average of 110,000 sign ups per day, with an average session time of 30 minutes. Wattpad works with leading consumer and entertainment brands to help them reach a mostly-millennial audience of millions.
Want to learn more about Wattpad? Visit Wattpad's website.
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.