Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)
Stories you’ll love.
What you’ll be doing:
- Translating our company vision into a measurable and scalable DEI strategy that is aligned to critical business outcomes
- As a member of the leadership team, play an active role in DEI efforts across our business and platform, by partnering with other senior leaders on issues such as product inclusion, addressing bias in data, and community moderation
- Work closely with content leaders across the business to develop and ensure an anti-oppressive process for selecting diverse stories and authors for promotion and opportunities
- Ensure our growing community of 90M users, especially those from marginalized communities, feel safe to express themselves and connect around stories, while being their authentic selves
- Work closely with the Head of People to ensure our DEI learning and development strategy is integrated into the overall L&D strategy, and support the delivery of learning where necessary
- Work closely with the Head of People to drive inclusion across the entire talent lifecycle including hiring and nurturing talent from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds, compensation, benefits, talent management, employee engagement
- Chair the cross-company diversity and inclusion committee
- Supporting sister companies, Naver WEBTOON and Wattpad WEBTOON Naver in their DEI strategies
What we're looking for:
- At least 5+ years of professional experience in a leadership role at a product-based and/or technology and/or content company
- At least 5+ years of DEI experience, with a track record of driving measurable change, particularly in either content, technology or product
- Demonstrable ability to embody empathy for the lived experiences and emotions that come with being an underrepresented minority
- A business background, having served in business leadership roles (ideally in content, technology or product), with astute business acumen that can understand and work comfortably within well understood business frameworks
- A relentless passion for crafting and facilitating innovative DEI solutions and uncomfortable conversations in a hyper-growth environment
- Strong program and project management and execution skills
- Ability to influence at all levels across the organization including the board, executive leadership team, and DEI committee members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; high comfort level for presenting at an executive level and can balance building trust, navigating challenging conversations, and employee relations
- Passion for the power of storytelling
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- RRSP Contributions (Canada), 401K Contributions (USA)
- Generous vacation and Parental Leave Top-up
- Monthly Transit and Home Office Allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, hybrid office and remote work options
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- Summer Fridays with afternoons off!
- And a whole lot more!
Wattpad gives people from around the world access to an audience of millions, and connects them with content they can’t find anywhere else. It’s where people discover, create, and share stories about the things they love, right on their mobile phones. The platform continues to grow at an average of 110,000 sign ups per day, with an average session time of 30 minutes. Wattpad works with leading consumer and entertainment brands to help them reach a mostly-millennial audience of millions.
Want to learn more about Wattpad? Visit Wattpad's website.
Sweat in good company