Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA
Plan your future and invest your money with an automated advisor
What You'll Work On
- Data pipelining infrastructure: Our data moves around a lot. We need it available for batch and real-time compute, and we need to expose it for use by both our backend platform and data analytics. Message brokers, key-value stores, and job schedulers are some tools our team works with. You’ll help identify improvements for our architecture, designing and implementing solutions to get data around more efficiently.
- Spark: As data engineers, we want to move fast, and we want our code to move fast as well. We have a batch compute platform using Spark, and we’ve recently built out a near-realtime platform using Spark Streaming. We are continuing to increase the performance of our data pipelines while simultaneously increasing the complexity of the jobs that run on top of them. You'll be expected to improve the infrastructure while you implement on top of it.
- Data quality: A model is only good if it is correct and built on recent data. We put a strong emphasis on data quality. We write unit tests to verify the functional correctness of each module and meta-tests to guard against common programming errors. Throughout our data pipelines we run automated sanity checks on live data, alerting if any data is stale or values fall outside of expected ranges.
What You Have
- 7+ years in a data engineering role.
- Knowledge of the Spark/Hadoop ecosystem.
- Experience scaling a platform to handle a growing user base.
- Advanced knowledge of Java. Familiarity with Scala preferred.
- A BS in computer science or a related field. An MS or PhD is a plus.
Our mission at Wealthfront is pretty simple: we believe that everyone deserves access to sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has built a technology company focused on re-architecting the finance industry. Some might call us ‘robo-advisor’, but we promise we’re made up of humans. Our world-class research team develops sophisticated and time-tested investment strategies, and our product and engineering teams build the software that enables us to deliver them automatically and at scale, right to your phone.
Want to learn more about Wealthfront? Visit https://www.wealthfront.com/
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer - Taiwan
Fitbit, Taiwan - Remote
Lead Principal Software Engineer, Web Apps
SquareTrade, San Francisco
(Senior) Software Engineer Visual Frontend (f/m)
Software Engineering Intern - Summer 2018
Qualtrics , Provo, Seattle
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
Sr. Manufacturing Process Engineer (Electrical)
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL