Wealthfront, Palo Alto, CA
Plan your future and invest your money with an automated advisor
What You'll Work On
- Product engineering: Lead and execute on a wide range of product initiatives that will significantly impact the business. These initiatives could include developing the next feature for Path, our financial planning platform or creating delightful user experiences to deliver our innovative banking and investment products.
- Web platform infrastructure: Prioritize and lead web platform infrastructure projects to improve the health and performance of our systems and increase product delivery velocity by developing new tools and capabilities.
- Test, Build and Deployment Infrastructure: We deploy our frontend services multiple times per hour and are constantly scaling to support more users, services, and engineers, so we’re heavily invested improving this infrastructure. We ascribe significant value to i) tools and libraries that keep our automated tests reliable and fast and ii) stable build and deployment infrastructure that scales as we grow.
Our tech stack
- Our application server is a JRuby on Rails web server and our client-side application is built using React, Redux and D3. Our automated testing infrastructure uses a variety of frameworks and libraries including Jest, Sinon, Chai, RSpec and Capybara. We rely on in-house solutions for things like feature flags, A/B tests and our continuous deployment system.
What you have
- 2+ years in a frontend engineering role
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or similar server-side frameworks (such as Express or Django)
- Real passion for test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, math, physics, or related field
Our mission at Wealthfront is pretty simple: we believe that everyone deserves access to sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has built a technology company focused on re-architecting the finance industry. Some might call us ‘robo-advisor’, but we promise we’re made up of humans. Our world-class research team develops sophisticated and time-tested investment strategies, and our product and engineering teams build the software that enables us to deliver them automatically and at scale, right to your phone.
Want to learn more about Wealthfront? Visit Wealthfront's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer (Intern - Summer 2020)
Quorum, Washington, DC
Senior Engineering Manager, RippleNet Core
Ripple, San Francisco, CA
Backend Scala Developer
Jampp, Buenos Aires or Córdoba, Argentina
Senior Android Engineer
Peloton, New York, NY
Software Engineer, Ingestion
Pinterest, Seattle, WA