Senior Frontend Engineer
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA
Plan your future and invest your money with an automated advisor
What You'll Work On
- Roswell: As frontend engineers, we collaborate with a world-class and highly technical design team. Through this collaboration, we developed Roswell, our UI toolkit and visual style guide for making beautiful and standards compliant online products. It is designed for modern web browsers and uses reusable React components, performant CSS animations and our SASS testing library, Sassaby.
- Desktop and Mobile Web Application: We rely on a JRuby on Rails application to serve desktop and mobile web traffic. Some of the interesting challenges we’ve worked through include scaling to hundreds of concurrent requests with multi-threading on the JVM and using Java’s Reflection API to better facilitate communications with our backend services.
- Test, Build and Deployment Infrastructure: We deploy our frontend services multiple times per hour and are constantly scaling to support more users, services, and engineers, so we’re heavily invested improving this infrastructure. We ascribe significant value to i) tools and libraries that keep our automated tests reliable and fast and ii) stable build and deployment infrastructure that scales as we grow.
- Data Platform: We strive to make decisions using objective criteria and automate manual processes wherever possible. As such, frontend engineers frequently contribute to a range of projects on our data platform spanning from building frontend infrastructure operability dashboards and visualizing the results of A/B tests to gathering data to make informed product or technology decisions.
What You Have
- 3+ years in a frontend engineering role
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or similar server-side framework (such as Express or Django)
- Real passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
Our mission at Wealthfront is pretty simple: we believe that everyone deserves access to sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has built a technology company focused on re-architecting the finance industry. Some might call us ‘robo-advisor’, but we promise we’re made up of humans. Our world-class research team develops sophisticated and time-tested investment strategies, and our product and engineering teams build the software that enables us to deliver them automatically and at scale, right to your phone.
Want to learn more about Wealthfront? Visit https://www.wealthfront.com/
Jobs You May Like
Lead Developer (m/w)
Software Engineer – Back-End
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
Executive Project Manager (w/m)
HelloFresh, New York, NY
Agile Project Manager
Venmo, New York, NY
IT Support Associate
Betterment, Betterment HQ - New York City