Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA (Open to US-based Remote)
Plan your future and invest your money with an automated advisor
Our mission is pretty simple: we believe that everyone deserves access to sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has built a technology company focused on re-architecting the finance industry, and along the way we’ve created a new category known as automated investment services (aka ‘robo-advisors’, but truth be told we’re fairly light on robots). What that actually means is we build software that enables us to democratize access to services typically reserved for the ultra-wealthy, and through automation we can deliver those services to investors at an incredibly low cost. And it’s working; we have clients across the country who trust us with over $8 billion in assets -- and we’re just getting started!
We're looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to help us design and build our next generation of infrastructure. We aim to build a well-rounded team and we're looking for someone with a deep Linux systems background, strong TCP/IP networking abilities, and experience building CI/CD pipelines.
We're a modern infrastructure engineering team and we build many tools in-house, so you will need to demonstrate proficiency in a one of the languages commonly used for infrastructure : Go (strongly preferred), Ruby, Python, or Java. Experience with app containerization (Docker or rkt) and orchestration systems (Kubernetes) is a big plus!
- Design our next generation of infrastructure to improve performance while decreasing hosting costs through improved hardware utilization
- Build infrastructure that requires a bare minimum of operational maintenance. Completely automate the traditional sysadmin tasks of hardware provisioning, cluster management, software deployment, and network configuration.
- Be a mentor to the junior members of the team and a liaison to the rest of the Engineering department.
- Demonstrated expertise with all aspects of a modern Linux system and at least six years of experience running Linux in production
- Systems-related software development in one or more of the following: Go, Ruby, Python, or Java. Bonus points if you've built an impressive open source project
- Expertise in at least one of the following data technologies: MySQL, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, or PostgreSQL
- Expertise in public cloud providers, such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, or Digital Ocean
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Chef, Puppet, or SaltStack
- Experience with orchestration systems such as Kubernetes is strongly preferred
- Excellent communications skills: teaching each other new technologies is a regular part of working on our team
- Real passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, automated testing
- Bonus points for experience working with SQL Server and Windows Server environments
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
Wealthfront is the only robo-advisor to offer both investment management and financial planning exclusively through software. Because of this approach, we've quickly become the automated advisor of choice among young people. Anyone can open a Wealthfront investment account with $500 to access a unique investment strategy that includes a combination of a diversified portfolio of ETFs and tax minimization strategies. All clients receive financial planning through the service, Path, at no additional cost. Wealthfront does not charge management fees on the first $10,000 and for amounts above that the annual management fee is 0.25% - a fraction of what financial advisors charge. Wealthfront's strategy is to take high end financial services that are reserved for those who have millions of dollars and deliver them to young consumers through software. The majority of Wealthfront clients are in their 30s and 40s and have less than $1 million to invest. Wealthfront was founded by Andy Rachleff and Dan Carroll, who launched the service in December 2011. Wealthfront has raised over $129 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, DAG Ventures, Dragoneer Investment Group, Greylock Partners, Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Social + Capital and Spark Capital, and is based in Redwood City, CA. For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our mission at Wealthfront is pretty simple: we believe that everyone deserves access to sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has built a technology company focused on re-architecting the finance industry. Some might call us ‘robo-advisor’, but we promise we’re made up of humans. Our world-class research team develops sophisticated and time-tested investment strategies, and our product and engineering teams build the software that enables us to deliver them automatically and at scale, right to your phone.