Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA
Plan your future and invest your money with an automated advisor
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- Spark: As data engineers, we want to move fast, and we want our code to move fast as well. We’ve recently transitioned from Hadoop to Spark, and we are continuing to increase the performance of our data pipelines while simultaneously increasing the complexity of the jobs that run on top of them. We use Spark in both streaming and batch mode. You'll be expected to improve the infrastructure while you implement on top of it.
- Machine learning: We use statistics to solve hard problems. Whether we’re running regression to better understand our business or clustering as part of a client-facing data pipeline, statistical modeling is key to our business.
- Data quality: A model is only good if it is correct and built on recent data. We put a strong emphasis on data quality. We write unit tests to test the functional correctness of each module and meta-tests to guard against common programming errors. Throughout our data pipelines we run automated sanity checks on live data, alerting if any data is stale or values fall outside of expected ranges.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 2+ years in a data engineering role.
- Knowledge of the Spark/Hadoop ecosystem.
- Advanced knowledge of Java. Familiarity with Scala preferred.
- Experience with machine learning and statistical modeling.
- A BS in computer science or a related field. An MS or PhD is a plus.
Our mission at Wealthfront is pretty simple: we believe that everyone deserves access to sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has built a technology company focused on re-architecting the finance industry. Some might call us ‘robo-advisor’, but we promise we’re made up of humans. Our world-class research team develops sophisticated and time-tested investment strategies, and our product and engineering teams build the software that enables us to deliver them automatically and at scale, right to your phone.
Want to learn more about Wealthfront? Visit https://www.wealthfront.com/
Jobs You May Like
Principal Software Engineer
Amperity, Seattle, WA
Jr. Carrier Operations Network Engineer
First Orion Corp., Little Rock, Arkansas
Senior Engineering Manager - Developer Productivity
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Java Developer (m/f)
Flightright, Berlin / Potsdam
IT Site Support Technician
Yelp, San Francisco, CA