Software Engineer - Data Platform
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA
Plan your future and invest your money with an automated advisor
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- Data pipelining infrastructure: Our data moves around a lot. We need it available for batch and real-time compute, and we need to expose it for use by both our backend platform and data analytics. Message brokers, key-value stores, and job schedulers are some tools our team works with. As a member of our team, you’ll work on solutions to help data get around more efficiently.
- Spark: As data engineers, we want to move fast, and we want our code to move fast as well. We have a batch compute platform using Spark, and we’ve recently built out a near-realtime platform using Spark Streaming. We are continuing to increase the performance of our data pipelines while simultaneously increasing the complexity of the jobs that run on top of them. You'll be expected to improve the infrastructure while you implement on top of it.
- Data quality: A model is only good if it is correct and built on recent data. We put a strong emphasis on data quality. We write unit tests to test the functional correctness of each module and meta-tests to guard against common programming errors. Throughout our data pipelines we run automated sanity checks on live data, alerting if any data is stale or values fall outside of expected ranges.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 3+ years in a software engineering experience
- Knowledge of the Spark/Hadoop ecosystem.
- We code in Java and Scala, familiarity with them is a plus.
- A BS in computer science or a related field. An MS or PhD is a plus.
Our mission at Wealthfront is pretty simple: we believe that everyone deserves access to sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has built a technology company focused on re-architecting the finance industry. Some might call us ‘robo-advisor’, but we promise we’re made up of humans. Our world-class research team develops sophisticated and time-tested investment strategies, and our product and engineering teams build the software that enables us to deliver them automatically and at scale, right to your phone.
Want to learn more about Wealthfront? Visit Wealthfront's website.
Jobs You May Like
HotelTonight, San Francisco, CA
IT Operations Engineer
Robinhood, Menlo Park, CA
Lead Firmware Engineer
Ring, Santa Monica, CA
Software Development Engineer in Test
VideoAmp, Santa Monica, CA
Intrepid Web Services Developer
Accenture, MA - Boston, USA
Senior Machine Learning Scientist
Foursquare, New York, San Francisco